Procedure for staying in same cabin for a B2B cruise

Broch

Do they really "flag" you in the system as a smuggler? So, you have a permanent record? :-)

I understand that anything purchased off the ship or throughout the week on board is stored and likely labelled as B2B. But it looks like the best method is to purchase from the Duty Free shop on the last night and walk out with it - right?

Have any recent (2012) B2B cruisers tried to purchase liquor on the last evening and actually had them store it and NOT let you walk out with it?

Please tell me I don't have to stand outside of the liquor store like an illegal teenager and offer cash to a non B2B cruiser to buy me a bottle of booze that they can walk out with but I cannot? :-)

We did a B2B (23 day) eastern and western med on the Solstice a few years back. On the last day of the 1st leg we simply walked into the ship's duty free liquor store and walked out with several purchased goodies which were emptied on the 2nd leg.....:). Will be doing a B2B on Allure in May. Hope to do the same.

This is our first B2B cruise and I am wondering about the procedure that takes place at the end of the first cruise ( week). I have heard that you have to come off the ship for customs and then you can go back on again. I would be obliged if anyone can tell me exactly what a guest has to do re ? new seapass and luggage, and when you can go back to your cabin etc.

Jan 11 – B2B; Oct 11 – B2B2B; Apr 12 – B2B2B; Oct 12 – B2B; Dec 12 – B2B2B

Upcoming—Apr 13 – B2B2B; Oct 13 - B2B2B; Dec 13 - B2B2B; Apr 14 – B2B2B

As evidenced above, I am addicted to B2B cruising. A euphoric rush comes over me every time I walk down the corridor, on the last night of a cruise, and see hundreds of pieces of luggage and realize mine is still under the bed. So be warned, after the first time you will need to feed the rush and the only way to do so is (see above).

Be nice to your cabin attendant and he or she will take care of you if you have to move cabins on your B2B. One thing to not overlook, if you have to change cabins, is your valuables. You can carry them around with you or you can talk to your new cabin attendant and make arrangements to have access to the new room safe as soon as the old guests depart. B2B procedures for each port are different, with the US ports being the most annoying and time consuming. Best bet is to follow the guidance provided by onboard personnel as each ship modifies their procedures based on the port and the number of B2B cruisers. If offered, take advantage of the lunch for all B2B cruisers. Have fun on your B2B.

Duane

Archived