Excursion recommendations ???

Elorahd

My sister and I are going to Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan the first week of January on Royal. I've done some reading on these boards but most of the stuff was at least two years old so I thought I'd write and see if I could get some updated info. We're looking to make the most of our trip, doing the best things in each port. I like things in the air - zip lining, parasailing. She likes to scuba dive. We're both interested in the cave tubing and I think the ruins would be cool if it's a highly recommended tour. We both also like animals and gardens. So, where should we start? What's the best thing to do on each island? Don't worry, I'm posting this on the other port threads too. Thanks!

in roatan look at an independent island tour - either thru victor bodden or rony's tours. you can basically design your own tour - zipline (several to choose from), monkeys and birds, butterfly farm, iguana farm, beach time, etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

My sister and I are going to Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan the first week of January on Royal. I've done some reading on these boards but most of the stuff was at least two years old so I thought I'd write and see if I could get some updated info. We're looking to make the most of our trip, doing the best things in each port. I like things in the air - zip lining, parasailing. She likes to scuba dive. We're both interested in the cave tubing and I think the ruins would be cool if it's a highly recommended tour. We both also like animals and gardens. So, where should we start? What's the best thing to do on each island? Don't worry, I'm posting this on the other port threads too. Thanks!

You sound like you like the same stuff I do..... :)

When on Roatan - do a dive !!!!!! The reef is amazing, the water crystal clear and the beaches to die for ! My first visit was on a RCI cruise and I did a dive with West End Divers. I was hooked. So dh and I went back for a week stay in July and dove all week. Headed back again for Christmas with the grown kids for another week. Can't wait. The island is gorgeous and lots to do. If you don't dive, she could do a quick morning dive while you enjoy the beach and some parasailing. I would suggest using Infinity Divers at West Bay Beach. They were awesome and I highly recommend them. The beach there is really nice and parasailing is available for you.

On my first trip to Belize did the cave tubing with daughter and it was also nice...... Belize is beautiful and the tubing was quite an experience. Water is cold tho :eek: Lunch included with tour (cavetubing.com) and was really good Belizean fare. Second visit to Belize did a snorkel tour to Ambergris caye and it was sort of a letdown as the reef/fish etc. just were not as nice as Roatan. But fun day anyway.

Cozumel - been a bunch. Favorite day here was the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab park. Definitely worth the money !!!! It was awesome. You get in the water with the dolphins in an enclosed pen and get to interact with them. Small groups of 6 or so which allows you plenty of interaction. You get to hold their dorsals and get pulled but the best part is when two of them come up under your feet and lift you out of the water........ they are well taken care of and love what they do ! Other times we have just had a shopping/eating/sightseeing day and another we spent at the beach.

Hope this helps !

I always recommend Roatan Sun Splash, they are private tours. They custom built an entire intinerary for us. I guess they have more freedom to do this because they are a private tour. I liked that we didn't share the bus with strangers, we got snacks, made stops not on our list. Everything was great and the driver knew a lot about the island. He was fun & patient for my many photo stops :)

I also notice on our return back to the dock at the end of the day. Our driver was looked far more presentable then the other drivers I saw rolling in.

I would recommend at least checking out these guys. They are number one on tripadvisor. So their service is worth it.

Have a great cruise!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We have been to Roatan 3 times. We met Ron Rivers a few years ago. Thanks to Ron, Roatan is now my wife's favorite port. You decide what you want to do and Ron will make it happen. Whether it is zip lining, snorkeling, petting monkeys and Iguana, laying on the beach, eating local food or just finding the best drinks on the island, Ron is the man. If you have the time, let Ron give you a tour of the island. It is so great listening to someone that is so passionate about his home. Make sure you go see the spider monkeys, take a picture of the Ships from up on top of the mountain and on top of the light house but you have to ask Ron about Noni Juice. If going to Roatan, make sure you look up Ron at Roatan Adventure Day Tours and tell him Mr. Duke recommended him.

Cozumel, we normally kick back at either Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos. They are all inclusive resorts where the service is awesome. If you really want to see something beautiful, rent a car and go to the other side of the island. It is mostly undeveloped with beach bars/restaurants usually about 5 miles apart with some great seafood.

We've been to these ports many times. These are our favorites: Belize - Lamanai Ruins - we use Belizecruiseexcursions. This tour is NOT for people who are "nervous" travelers. There is lots of travel involved and you do not get back to the ship 2 hours before departure(more like 1/2 hour). This excursion is amazing and climbing to the top of the ruins is an amazing experience - overlooking the jungle canopy - INCREDIBLE.

For an excursion closer to port - cavetubing.bz is the best. Vitalino will make sure you have a fabulous day. Very relaxing floating through the caves.

Roatan - definately ronystours.com He is such a nice guy. A small business owner with a focus on great customer service. He does the exact same tours as Victor - I just prefer a smaller business trying to support their families. Victor is wealthy and more "big business" with lots of drivers. He gets godd reviews also - so just a matter of who you'd like to support. Rony will make sure you have a fabulous day. His freestyle tour is perfect for sightseeing at your own pace with lots of flexibility.

Cozumel - we love Crescencio Lopez. He is an extremely friendly guy and he is very knowledgeable. He can make lots of suggestions and will make sure you have a great day for much less than ship excursions. You can take your chances and have a list of things you'd like to see and go to the taxi line and be assigned a random driver. Some of them speak very poor English and get kickbacks for "suggesting" specific locations. Crescencio will customize your day so you have the best day possible.

Archived