Cabin 1610

mace1942

HI

Has anyone booked Equinox cabin 1610 and had noise problems with a extractor running on the balcony?

Nope, but maybe a deck chair scrap the deck in the morning or evening when the pool butlers secure the area. I certainly wouldn't be concerned. Those are excellent cabins in a great location on the ship.

What is an extractor? I'm in 1610 on a future cruise on the Silhouette (same cabin) and have heard nothing but good things.

Same here. OP, check the S Class sticky too (link below). I'm looking forward to the larger balcony and the proximity to the pool deck!

1610, 1606 and the two equivalent staterooms on the port side are the four best non-suites on S-Class ships. Great location, very large balconies and same room steward that services the Penthouse Suite (so highly regarded steward). There is sometimes a little noise from above in these rooms, but I have not heard any reports of it being a significant problem.

Hi

Thanks for all your help. This what caused me to ask the question :-''Cabin 1610 was good with the exception of an intake or outtake fan on balcony. It's LOUD. It's the same noise you would hear as up in an airplane''

I picked it up from a cruis Critic review but can't find anyone else that mentions it. Seems a bit odd if the noise was that bad.

I was on Equinox in May and a fellow CC person was in 1610, actually on my recommendation based on my experience in that room on Silhouette. She said that the AC condensing unit above the balcony was VERY loud. They complained and maintenance came and did some adjustments which made it quieter but she was still bothered by the noise. Don't know if that is still the case but it really affected her and her DH's enjoyment of the balcony.

1610, 1606 and the two equivalent staterooms on the port side are the four best non-suites on S-Class ships. Great location, very large balconies and same room steward that services the Penthouse Suite (so highly regarded steward). There is sometimes a little noise from above in these rooms, but I have not heard any reports of it being a significant problem.

You just confirmed what I've already been told. Can't wait to be in our 1606 on the Equinox TA in November:D

Archived