Drinking water

Blucruise25

There was a report, possibly Consumer Reports, that found that fully 50% of all bottled water was just simply tap water.

But sometimes the location of that tap makes a difference! Arizona water is so hard and chlorinated that if I don't have a filter (Brita, etc) I have to drink bottled.

On the ship I had bottled water because I bought a classic NA package for the espresso so I figured why not? I wouldn't have paid for bottled water on board though.

There was a report, possibly Consumer Reports, that found that fully 50% of all bottled water was just simply tap water.

Yes, Dasani is reverse-osmosis purified tap water from Atlanta, GA (as opposed to some of the major bottlers of American spring water -- Ozarka, Poland Spring, Zephyrhills, etc., which are NOT spring water). But as for the rationale, many people buy the alcoholic and nonalcoholic packages that include spring water. Therefore, when deciding which water to have, they want to get as much bang for their buck, so they spring water. Personally, I can tell the difference and like the taste of SPRING waters such as Evian but do not like the sweeter taste of SOME tap waters (there are exceptions) and mineral waters.

As far as I am concerned, the two most significant scams of the last three decades are bottled water and CO-2 induced global warming. If you wish to perpetuate these scams by purchasing those goodies, then so be it. We have never had any problem drinking the ship's water or drinks prepared with their ice.

As far as I am concerned, the two most significant scams of the last three decades are bottled water and CO-2 induced global warming. If you wish to perpetuate these scams by purchasing those goodies, then so be it. We have never had any problem drinking the ship's water or drinks prepared with their ice.

Well Jack, as long as you don't have a problem that's all that matters. I wouldn't buy bottled water either except that having been on many cruises I have found that if we exclusively drink ship's water we have a problem with swelling of the feet and hands. When we drink mostly Evian, we don't have the problem. We've even tried going back to drinking the ship's water and we have the problem again. We never have the problem at home.

It makes sense to me that if someone has this problem, and we know many who do, it is prudent to drink bottled water. For those who don't have the problem....drink away.

Well Jack, as long as you don't have a problem that's all that matters. I wouldn't buy bottled water either except that having been on many cruises I have found that if we exclusively drink ship's water we have a problem with swelling of the feet and hands. When we drink mostly Evian, we don't have the problem. We've even tried going back to drinking the ship's water and we have the problem again. We never have the problem at home.

It makes sense to me that if someone has this problem, and we know many who do, it is prudent to drink bottled water. For those who don't have the problem....drink away.

We have the same exact issues as Ma Bell and buy bottled water on the ship for the same reasons.

We don't use bottled water except when there is no other good option.

Believe me, I have no desire to shell out the high cost of bottled water on the ship and would not do so if it didn't make a difference in our well being on board.

• 2 weeks later...

I DID have a problem once with the water and ice in Mexico! :rolleyes:

Archived