Harbor House in Galveston?

IamaTexasCruiser

Thanks for the review...loved the pictures!

We are thinking of staying there pre-cruise in March. We are travelling with a 4 and 6 year old. Is it walkable to the cruise terminals? We will be sailing on the Carnival Magic.

We are thinking of staying there pre-cruise in March. We are travelling with a 4 and 6 year old. Is it walkable to the cruise terminals? We will be sailing on the Carnival Magic.

No more than 4 blocks. Short blocks.

Hotel at 21st and terminal at 25th.

One last question (I think) :) : Is there anywhere nearby to pick up soft drinks and such -- grocery store? Drug store? Convenience store?

Do you have car?

There is convenience store Franks ar 23rd and Strand one block away,

and another at 21st and Postoffice 4 blocks away.

but they won't necessarially be cheap!

Kroger on Seawall at about 55th best for everything!

HH on port!

Actually CVS Pharmacy at 25th and Broadway about 9 blocks from Harborside St HH is on.

It will be best bet location and price wise!

Thank You

It is walkable.... The Carnival terminal is the closest. Maybe 5-6 minutes

My suggestion would be you walk over and drop the luggage off and come back and get the kids and wife. The porters are out there early 1030ish???

Thank You

It is walkable.... The Carnival terminal is the closest. Maybe 5-6 minutes

My suggestion would be you walk over and drop the luggage off and come back and get the kids and wife. The porters are out there early 1030ish???

Your pictures sold it for my husband -- we booked it last night! And that is exactly the plan -- send my husband over with the luggage when we know the porters are out, and then head over to the CVS to grab a few things before we board.

I'm not normally one to pay retail for a hotel -- proud users of Priceline, we are. But there's something about waking up in the morning after a very long travel day and being exactly where you need to be.

Your pictures sold it for my husband -- we booked it last night! And that is exactly the plan -- send my husband over with the luggage when we know the porters are out, and then head over to the CVS to grab a few things before we board.

I'm not normally one to pay retail for a hotel -- proud users of Priceline, we are. But there's something about waking up in the morning after a very long travel day and being exactly where you need to be.

Good for you.....Glad I could help.

I also use Pline, Hwire and LMT to book most hotels as well but sometimes it is a PITA

Harbor House is all about Location, Location and of course Location;)

Enjoy

I'd like to say that I'm grateful to the Harbor House hotel for how they're handling the fire on the Triumph situation.

We were due to sail the Triumph on 2/16 and had booked 2/15 to stay at the Harbor House. We booked a NON-REFUNDABLE room through a third party discount website.

Harbor House went above and beyond and agreed to make an exception to the rules and provide me with a full refund. Orbitz communicated with them, and within minutes I had my hotel and all the taxes and fees refunded.

The lady at the front desk said that everyone has been cancelling - I'm sure they'll be losing a lot of revenue over the next couple of months...

If we ever sail out of Galveston again, I'll definitely be booking there again!

At the Harbor House as I write this. New cruise parking fees: It now cost $10 for the night you stay and $10 for each night during the cruise (old fees were $10 for night of stay and $30 for week of cruise) so the total has now doubled from $40 to $80. Fortunately, I asked when they had changed the fees and was told at the beginning of the year, well since I made my reservation in Dec they honored the $40 total for the week.

Also, you have another option. You can pay $10 for the night of your stay and then move your car to the Galvez parking garage and leave your car there for free. The Galvez shuttle will transport you to the pier and back to garage.

Love staying at the HH and watching the ships dock in the am. Rooms are large and location can't be beat for great restaurants and strolling on the Strand. We always walk to the terminals and pull our bags--we are in 60's.

• 3 weeks later...

We are a family of 6 and we stayed at the Habour House Hotel and booked 2 rooms. We stayed March 2nd 2013

The rooms were great, nice and clean with bath and body works shampoos, conditioners etc, very friendly staff and extremely convienient to walk to the cruise terminal.

Totally recommend staying here.

Fortunately, I asked when they had changed the fees and was told at the beginning of the year, well since I made my reservation in Dec they honored the $40 total for the week.

THANKS golfpccc! We booked back in Dec too. So glad you provided this information that they will honor the old parking fees.

THANKS jonbgd! You did a wonderful review of the HH!

Fortunately, I asked when they had changed the fees and was told at the beginning of the year, well since I made my reservation in Dec they honored the $40 total for the week.

THANKS golfpccc! We booked back in Dec too. So glad you provided this information that they will honor the old parking fees.

Be sure you have something to prove you actually booked in Dec. I booked thru Expedia and had printed out their invoice which happened to have the date on the email. Ask for the manager since the desk clerk probably won't be able to reduce the price. Also, they give you another option--you can take your car to the Galvez Parking Garage and park for free during your cruise. They have a free shuttle to take you to and pick you up at the port. We opted to keep our car at the HH, this is the reason we like to stay at the HH, so we can just walk and pull our bags to the pier. Probably won't stay at HH again before a cruise just becasue of the new parking fees.

Be sure you have something to prove you actually booked in Dec. I booked thru Expedia and had printed out their invoice which happened to have the date on the email. Ask for the manager since the desk clerk probably won't be able to reduce the price. Also, they give you another option--you can take your car to the Galvez Parking Garage and park for free during your cruise. They have a free shuttle to take you to and pick you up at the port. We opted to keep our car at the HH, this is the reason we like to stay at the HH, so we can just walk and pull our bags to the pier. Probably won't stay at HH again before a cruise just becasue of the new parking fees.

Ok, thanks I'll ask for a manager. Yes, I have their official booking paperwork I printed out from a confirmation email they sent me with the date on it (Dec 03, 2012)! We may use Galvez other amenities but rather park at the HH.

Archived