New to Celebrity- Please tell me about the Millennium

awatt

I have a family verandah corner cabin on hold and I'm very excited! Have cruised NCL and RCCL before and enjoyed both very much. Also Disney which was enjoyable,but a little different. Have been reading so much about CEeebrity lately,and lots of raves about this line.

Search is down so I'm asking for your input instead. Waht do you like about Celebrity? And also the Millennium?

Thanks so much.

You have one of the absolute best cabins on those M class ships on hold, BOOK it quick!!!

You will love the Millie! Beautiful ship & I can't say enough about the FV cabins, especially the corner ones! go here to see pix:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

I've cruised twice on Millennium, 10 days and 13 days. I absolutely love the M class ships. The rooms are nice and a little larger than most cruise ships. The passenger to space ratio is one of the biggest on most cruise ships. Meaning there is more space per passenger. The ships are layed out very well, especially if you are mid-ship which we always try to book a cabin mid-ship. You can get around so easily.

The public rooms are beautiful as is the Metropolitan Dining Room. The ship is always very clean.

The service has always been wonderful. The Olympic Dining Room (Speciality Restaurant) is not to be missed. Especially the goat chesse souffle and the chocolate souffle.

I would book her in a second. So go ahead!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000

Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001

Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002

Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003

Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

You have a great cabin. GO for it. I bet you will really enjoy X.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

BEAUTIFUL ship. LOVE the cabins on Celebrity. Love the indoor spa pool (can't think of the name right now!). Love the open, two-story dining room. There is nothing negative to say about the M Class ships (except I wish they had a self laundry! lol)

~~Celebrity Infinity 02/2005~~; NCL Sun 02/2003; Celebrity Millennium 05/2002; Ocean Princess 10/2001; Ocean Princess 8/2001; NCL Sea 7/2000; Ocean Princess 3/2000; Celebrity Mercury 10/1998; Star Princess 3/1996; NCL Dream 8/1995; Azure Seas 2/1991

awatt,

You're very welcome. Where and when are you sailing?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We went to Europe on Mille in Sept and are booked on Summit for this Nov. We loved the Mille is why we booked again. The service is excellent and the ship is spotless. I have never seen pools/hot tubs kept that clean. All is very impressive. We had aft cabin and was not sorry, make sure you enjoy your breakfast on your verandah pulling into port- that is the life! Enjoy! Also enjoy your time leading up to it by reading the boards and researching your destinations.

BOND GIRL

We're sailing 2/13/05- too far off! Wasn't really planning on a cruise then,but was surfing around,saw this type of cabin available,vaguely rememebered reading about this cabin on the boards, and given I've been wanting to try Celebrity I called my TA right away. the rate was good as well,possibly because its relatively early. Just wish it was sooner.

What has impressed me thusfar is how many people on these boards are so pleased with Celebrity. I really haven't read any negatives. That says alot.

awatt,

The only bad thing about Celebrity is they make me leave the ship when my cruise is over with. If I could only find a way to stay.

You're cruising the week before my son's School Winter Break and my frieds are crusing the week after the break.

Enjoy Millie, I know you will love her.

My wife and I just came off a 14-day Panama Canal cruise on Millenium, and we had a FV cabin- 8166. We paid a lot for it, and wouldn't have done it any other way. My wife was ill the day we went through the canal, so I was able to stay with her, and still get some great views off the balcony. And, when all the deck chairs around the pool were taken, we just went out on out own veranda. Just a wonderful trip. Also, if you get Eugenio as your room steward, you are in for some of the best service ever.

Brilliance of the Seas - w. Caribbean 12/2003

Infinity - Hawaii 4/2003

Jubilee - W. Caribbean 4/2002

Inspiration - S Caribbean 12/1996

General Henry Gibbons- Puerto Rico 1959

Pvt William H Thomas - Puerto Rico 1956

(OK, these last two weren't really 'cruises')

awatt - could you give me an idea on the rates you're finding? I'm looking at booking January hopefully on an aft 1A, but the rates seem really high to me. The agent told me that's a peak time. Just wondering if you're finding lower in Feb if we should consider then!

We're also new to Celebrity and deliberating between the Millennium and either the Star or Caribbean Princess. Would like to try something new on one hand, but loved Princess so not sure if we should stick with that!

Big Red Boat '88,

Fair Princess '90,

Norway '91,

Regal Princess '91,

Carnival Fantasy '93,

Regent Rainbow '95,

Big Red Boat '98,

Disney Wonder '00,

Grand Princess 11/16/03,

Voyager of the Seas 09/10/04

<MARQUEE> Voyager of the Seas - 9/10/2004 <MARQUEE>

Fenbass- Thank yo. My husband is not a big fan of crowded places, so while hopefully he will not be ill like your wife ( and sorry to hear about that), the large balcony has big appeal to him- sort of a quiet retreat. The size of the balcony sold him on this trip in about half a second.

Archived