Can we wear Flip Flops to dinner for Cruise Casual??

momtoty2001

Please get a pedicure...Those corn chip toenails are a real appetite killer:eek:

or watch this http://on.cc.com/1tFiox2

Nothing worse than hairy toes and fungus toe nails. Kind of ruins my appetite along with men's hairy armpits reaching across the table for the butter. I just wish they would enforce the minimum standards.

Nothing worse than hairy toes and fungus toe nails. Kind of ruins my appetite along with men's hairy armpits reaching across the table for the butter. I just wish they would enforce the minimum standards.

Or a womans hairy head as she reaches across table and her hair is in my soup.:eek:

Was on Pride July 13 and made a point to watch what people were wearing. People wore what was comfortable and this was encouraged by Calvyn, the CD and Benjamin, the assistant. I saw some sandals, flip flops, running shoes, heels, etc. and no one looked out of place.

The one table who wore ball-gowns and tuxedos for formal night did look out of place, but that was because of the telling of racist and homophobic jokes, as well as lewd language.

Bottom line: just because people dress up, or wear what people consider "appropriate" shoes, doesn't mean their behaviour suits what I consider to be minimum MDR behavioral expectations. I'm more concerned about loud and obnoxious people interfering with our meal rather than what people have on their feet or the clothes they opted to wear.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Flip Flops are not allowed in the MDR for Cruise Casual Dinner. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen though. If you read it does state beach flip flops which I would think would be those cheap plastic ones. I have worn dress flip flop sandals to the MDR before with no problem.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/08/what-to-wear.aspx

Sadly, as I am sure others have, I have seen t-shirts and cutoffs on formal night and no one stopped them.