Fantasy with Kids - leaving tomorrow

oldstylecubfan

We are getting to head to Charleston in the morning. My wife and I have cruised a number of times but this will be the first with kids (6,7). Having year-round schools allows for cheaper cruising during track outs.:D

Can anyone confirm if the pool & slide will be open while at port on the day of departure (tomorrow!!)? We are kind of undecided if we want to board early (11ish) and have lunch on the ship & swim or lunch in Charleston & board closer to 2.

Also, are kids camps open on the day of departure?

The weather looks great with only about 20-30% change of rain while in Nassau & Freeport. Is there a place to check seas and wind online for a ships path?

I live in Charleston and you're right, we've had beautiful weather over the last week or so. I can't say much for weather on the islands but it's nice here.

I do think the pool is open on the first day, not sure about the slide right off. It's an awesome slide though, your kids will love it. The first day is the best for the slide, it got awful crowded on sea days. And kids club's typically open the first night for registration and so the kids can get to know each other, should be open shortly after you board.

I'll think of you guys tomorrow when I see the ship on my way to run the Cooper River Bridge :). I see it a lot on Thursday and Saturday mornings when I run!

Oldstylecubfan, would you explain more about the all-year school system. Is that something new? Does that mean your children get special times off that aren't the customary holidays and summer vacations? I'm wondering because we try to pick cruise times when the fewest children will be onboard and we've noticed no matter what time of the year we cruise there are always several hundred children onboard. It's better than several thousand, but I've always wondered if the parents just took them out to save some money on the cruise.

We are cruising on Fantasy in a couple of weeks.. Hope you come back and give a review..

May your cruise be sunny and carefree

I am also on this sailing. There is not too much to our roll call for this sailing but our 12/08 roll call is hopping.

We will be sailing with (5) 14yr olds (1) 16 yr old (5) moms and (1) grandma to round out the bunch.

We are all taking our kids out of school...They can make up what they miss and will be turning in extra credit Travel Logs.

We will see you on Board!

Archived