NCL secrets they don't tell you about

dfilacch

Thanks so much Jackie!:D

You're very welcome. Did you find your roll call?

There is also a search button on the top right of the page. You can click on that and then click on Norwegian Cruise Line or wherever you want to narrow the search to. You will be able to find all sorts of good info.

I've never been on the Dream, so I can't help you with the ship, but if you have any other questions, ask away.

Jackie

On the Jewel rm 8050 is under cat. G obstructed view but there is no obstruction:). Check out the discription.

I'm sure that you have a lifeboat outside your window. We take obstructed view all the time on deck 8. There's always a lifeboat there. Check it out on the floor plan.

I am not sure if this was posted already--it's a very long thread! But if sailing with children, they can order anything from the children's menu at any restaurant. Just ask your server. My kids were very picky and this was especially convenient!

NCL Sun Tips - Go through the Observation lounge at the front of the ship and you have an incredible view over the bow!

Fridges are in every room.

Lobster was served in the main dining room one night.

Other tips - I like coffee and a lot more than a small cup - they spill too when walking around and hubby just can't sit still till we get to the pool so I bring or buy in the gift shop a larger cup made to keep drinks cold or hot. I then use it to have juice, water or tea later and not have to keep coming back for refills.

I bring a tiny bottle full of Palmolive to wash my cup with and any other souvenier cups out with.

Bring small bottle full of detergent to wash out my bathing suits.

Bring only one bottle of water - I drink the water on board - and use it to fill up to bring on shore for excursions or to keep juice from the morning cold in fridge. Room service charges for juice after the morning time

Restaurants are open till midnight but stop seating at 10pm.

They have dried fruit on the outside buffet in the morning which is great for snacks throughout the day. HAven't seen this on other cruise lines.

They were out of bandaids at the gift shop so I stopped at the pursers desk and sure enough they gave me some for free. Don't get mad just go ask nicely at the pursers desk for things you need and if they don't have it they might be able to tell you where you can get it.

Plastic suction cup hooks - the large ones at walmart come in handy to hang your bathing suits up to dry in the cabin. They don't seem to dry as well in the bathroom.

Be careful of your electronics when bringing them back and forth out of the ship into the hot sun on the pool or land. Give it time to defog or you can ruin your camera. :eek:

Depending on the shower curtain - I like to bring two small magnets (small round ones form walmart) to put on either side of the shower curtain on the bottom to either give it enough weight not to blow in on me or to attach to metal stip on wall to hold still. I DO NOT like when shower curtain sticks to me.... :eek:

Always carry shorts, top and bathing suit for each of us in carry on and wear jeans on board so that if your luggage is lost or takes a while to get to your cabin you can change into anything your want.

Carry cold medicine on board - I spent 3 hours in the Caymans looking for cold medicine (over the counter) and ended up with a $12 small box of Dayquil cold and sinus.

Have a great attitude and a good sense of humor. DOn't expect everything to be perfect when traveling and leave stuff to do for the next cruise instead of rushing to get to something... :D Debbie

Hi there, I like having a bathrobe but they are too big to pack! Which cabins are able to get robes on the Jewel, does anyone know? We are in a minisuite. Thanks!

Leah

You are in luck

AF-AG Mini-Suites 134

>

>

> Embarkation

> Cut Flower(s) in bud vase

> 1 Fruit Basket*

> 1 Bottle of Spring Water

>

> Bath Amenities (Wessco Botanical)

>