Does the Norwegian Wind 11-night Hawaii cruise now go to Lahaina twice?

Das K

Will be sailing the Wind on 9/3. With the confusion about changes in ports, etc., I am a bit reluctant to book rental cars in advance. Is it necessary to book in advance and if so, which company is most accessible.... (closest to the dock and open latest). We would like to rent a car for one day at Lahaina and at Hilo. Did you book your cars by calling their toll free numbers? I have also heard there are regular shuttles or buses that carry passengers along the coast from Lahaina to Kaanapali and Kapalua, for very little cost... might like to play a round of golf at Kapalua?

Don't get an Avis car in Kahului, Maui - no shuttle bus. We booked our cars in advance. In some places, but don't remember where, saw handwritten signs in the shuttle windows stating "cars available" which made me think that at times, they might not be. Your cell phones work when in port - book cars in both places, bring the phone numbers & then cancel the one you don't want. Karen

kydeg....we are also on the 9/3 WIND sailing. It looks right now, that the WIND and the Pride of AMERICA will in some ports on the same day....Hilo is one of them. If you are thinking of renting a car...I would go ahead and make a reservation. We live in Hilo, and know that this town can get pretty crowded when there are two ships in on the same day!!

Thanks for the tip regarding Hilo... I will book in advance. Which car rental company is most convenient for cruise ship passengers? Traveling from Kentucky.... first trip to Hawaii.

We are on this cruise in June, also the changed itinerary. We are renting a car the first day because its a longer day & we won't have to worry about getting back to the ship in time. If you rent from Hertz you can pick up the car from the Hyatt Regency (a shorter trip than to the airport) and they have late drop off, which as far as I can tell, none of the airport rental agencies have (closing time about 4 pm).

Karen

pengu1n: We rented a car in Maui last year on the Pride of Aloha. We docked at Kahalui, so it was easier to get to the airport. We rented from Alamo at the airport and they did have late hours and late hours. We returned the car at 9:30 p.m. (if I remember correctly we had to have it back by 10 or keep it overnight.) Alamo was still running shuttles to the ship even when we dropped the car off.

Archived