Suggestions for Diving with sharks

cruiselover87

I will traveling to Nassau and Freeport with Carnival. In Nassau I will have from 11am to 9pm and Freeport only 9am to 1 pm.

I would like to dive or swim with sharks, what are my options here? Preferably a great white shark encounter in a cage. I did a quick search and found a couple links, however the sites didnt look all that reliable. Anyone have a suggestion for a good shark experience, somewhat affordable?

Thanks in advance,

Frank S.

There is only one in Nassau that I have seen. It was awesome. First we all went out on a rope to a bouy (this was to keep everyone together). Then a chum bucket was dropped forty feet and at first only one or two reef sharks showed up.

After a couple of minutes, it was awesome! A whole "fleet" of sharks came in together, they looked like they were flying in formation.

None of the sharks ever came within 10-15 feet of us, but to show how hungry the sharks were, once we were on board, the operator held out large fish while the sharks went in a frenzy to try to get them.

As the operator said " This proves that sharks are scavengers and would prefer any fish over man."

Now these were reef sharks, not great whites! :eek:

I would definately do it, I would say it was the best excursion I ever went on.

I will traveling to Nassau and Freeport with Carnival. In Nassau I will have from 11am to 9pm and Freeport only 9am to 1 pm.

I would like to dive or swim with sharks, what are my options here? Preferably a great white shark encounter in a cage. I did a quick search and found a couple links, however the sites didnt look all that reliable. Anyone have a suggestion for a good shark experience, somewhat affordable?

Thanks in advance,

Frank S.

Ive also only seen the one with Stuarts Cove. Does anyone know if you have to be certified to do this one? I would love to!

Ive also only seen the one with Stuarts Cove. Does anyone know if you have to be certified to do this one? I would love to!

Yes, you must be certified to do the Stuart Cove Shark DIVE.. but anyone who can swim or tred water can snorkel above the sharks with stuart cove.

my understanding is the shark dive with stuarts cove leaves about 1:30 and gets back a couple of hours later, so if your ship is leaving early, like many royal ships, you won't be able to do the shark dive. Its on the other side of the island from where the cruise terminal is.

Archived