ssb

Earlier this evening Desertbelle,

who is so helpful posting good information

all along on Cruise Critic,

again posted on Roll Call Holyland

that the current Holyland Cruise of Mariner of the Seas out of Rome

is docking shortly in Alexandria Egypt in their morning

which is almost our time now!

Mariner is definitely being reflected that on Ship Traffic Sites!

RCCL is returning to Alexandria port in Eygpt!

Thanks for the info Desertbelle,

you have been wonderful AND

looking forward to cruising with y'all!:D:D:D

Earlier this evening Desertbelle,

who is so helpful posting good information

all along on Cruise Critic,

again posted on Roll Call Holyland

that the current Holyland Cruise of Mariner of the Seas out of Rome

is docking shortly in Alexandria Egypt in their morning

which is almost our time now!

Mariner is definitely being reflected that on Ship Traffic Sites!

RCCL is returning to Alexandria port in Eygpt!

Thanks for the info Desertbelle,

you have been wonderful AND

looking forward to cruising with y'all!:D:D:D

Thank you for the kind words! I am looking forward to meeting you also!:)

I felt like the current sailing of the Mariner was the litmus test for our cruise so I have been watching it's progress since last night to see where she was heading. When I found her this morning on a direct course to Alexandria I was so happy. We have been looking forward to this cruise and Egypt since last October.

I pray everything goes well for the passengers of the Mariner...but I am not worried, I am confident that Royal Caribbean does what is best for their passengers (and their ship) and wouldn't put them in harms way.

And dz9yvr, if I get to Alexandria, I will be getting off the ship!! :D:D

Hey Belle,

I wish you and the corrent passengers on the Mariner nothing but the best. I was in Alexandria and Cairo about 4 years ago and I was a little uneasy then. Given all of the violence and political unrest, I would stay on the ship.

Good Luck

Hey Belle,

I wish you and the corrent passengers on the Mariner nothing but the best. I was in Alexandria and Cairo about 4 years ago and I was a little uneasy then. Given all of the violence and political unrest, I would stay on the ship.

Good Luck

I understand and appreciate your concerns...thank you.

Believe me, we are not looking for trouble and if Royal Caribbean changes their minds about letting us visit there, I will accept that, but we will be disappointed. I am willing to take a small amount of risk to see some of the greatest wonders of the World.

BTW staying on the ship could be dangerous also...this won't be the first time that we were on a ship where there were divers in the water around the ship and coast guard boats roaming around keeping the ship safe from being attacked by underwater terrorists.

Have a great time in Egypt - take a big cheery smile, a helping of laughter and a huge bag of please and thank you's and you will have an amazing time.

The Egyptian people we've met have always been extremely nice and really appreciated having tourists visit their Country - and we were there during the uprising which got Mubarak kicked out.

However, if you turn up without your manners and treat the people like dirt - AND I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN SO OFTEN - you won't get to enjoy their humour and hospitality.

Have fun.

PS take a few $1 notes with you as small tips in US currency will be extremely well received - just $5 or $10 on a days sightseeing will significantly add to the very poor wages most people get.

Archived