Vatican on Rome express excursion

I'm going on the dream next July and will be in Rome. I'm just wondering is on the Rome express excursion (on the train) what parts of the Vatican you see. Is it just the basilica or do you see the museums and the Sistine Chapel as well?

Thanks

If it's like the Rome Vatican trip we did by coach you will see all of the above with a guide. Not all of the museums but most of them, also we started our tour outside in the centre of the Vatican in a large piazza. Expensive but very good value, we spent all morning there before going for lunch and then a tour of Rome on the coach. I don't think it's exactly the same trip on the train though.:)

Jan

If it's like the Rome Vatican trip we did by coach you will see all of the above with a guide. Not all of the museums but most of them, also we started our tour outside in the centre of the Vatican in a large piazza. Expensive but very good value, we spent all morning there before going for lunch and then a tour of Rome on the coach. I don't think it's exactly the same trip on the train though.:)

Jan

It's not the same. The tour of Rome is by foot so I don't think we will have as much time at the Vatican but thanks.

Have done the Rome express, a couple of years ago...its a vintage train....very nice....very comfortable

we were there the day before Good Friday, it was very busy everywhere, we were picked up by coaches on arrival in Rome, we visited a number of sites on foot: Trevi Fountain, some Churches, The Pantheon, Coliseum, a little shopping (at some stores selected by the tour guide) and the coach toured around the forum area and the Appian way, in the afternoon there is a visit to St peters square where you get some free time, you can arrange a tour of St Peters Basilica during your free time, the Sistine chapel is not included but I believe this also can be arranged at a further charge? There are very long queues (but it was the day before Good Friday) security is tight your bags will be searched and you will pass through scanners, lunch is included......its a long day but quite breathtaking

Luxury train back from the centre of Rome bypassing the horrendous traffic was very relaxing

Archived