Aft Balcony on Breakaway

Jewels32

we had our first ast facing balcony on the Jewel 2/17/13 sailing. We loved it. I have already book an aft on the Breakaway for next February. We are in cabin 13304. This will be our first cruise on this size ship. The largest we have been on is the Crown Princess.

9 has the biggest balcony and also you cannot be seen to much by the people on the upper decks because the railings are bent inwards what I really would like to know is where is the floor plan....but i'm sure that plenty of people will post before I go in 06/2014

What I don't like are the deck plans... and how does one know just how accurate they are? Take deck 13 aft... it looks like some of the aft rooms have no extra room for the bed and are smaller than others. It was like this on the Celebrity Solstice class ships. Dumb. If you want to be next to family, one of you has to give up space.

q7D2+

By this image, 13906 gets screwed.

Edited by gopherhockey

• 3 weeks later...

Our cruise is coming up in September, and I decided to revisit this thread. I just changed our aft 11910 to 13904 after re-reading all of this. We've decided that the higher up we are, the more privacy we'll have. It seems reasonable to think that there will be less people looking down at us on deck 13 than deck 11 simply because we are higher up. Of course, I'll know for sure in less than 6 months! :D

Please forgive me if this has already been covered. Does it appear that there will be any cover from the sun on the afts, other than deck 14? I think that the balconies are mostly exposed, but I'm wondering if there is a little bit of coverage near the door? Thank you very much for any of your thoughts.

Please forgive me if this has already been covered. Does it appear that there will be any cover from the sun on the afts, other than deck 14? I think that the balconies are mostly exposed, but I'm wondering if there is a little bit of coverage near the door? Thank you very much for any of your thoughts.

I'm thinking, though we really don't know for sure, that there is at least some sun based on the angle of the balconies and the pics posted by OnTheGoMom921 earlier in this thread.

I'm thinking, though we really don't know for sure, that there is at least some sun based on the angle of the balconies and the pics posted by OnTheGoMom921 earlier in this thread.

Thanks Trvlgrl! That is what it looked like to me, but I wasn't sure that I was seeing it correctly.

Taking my daughter on the May 26th sailing as a college graduation present and decided to get an aft balcony on deck 14 - it was the only aft balcony available. Travel agent said that someone must have canceled their booking - aft balcony cabins are not usually available this late in the booking process.

Are aft balcony cabins worth the extra $ that I paid? I hope so, because I want to make this trip memorable for my daughter!

Are aft balcony cabins worth the extra $ that I paid? I hope so, because I want to make this trip memorable for my daughter!

My opinion is YES! To be able to look at the wake (to me) is very soothing.

• 1 month later...

I"ll be interested to see the various balconies as more people cruise. Hearing so much about how tiny they all are... at this point, I'm booked into an aft balcony on deck 12 for my March 2014 trip... but I might consider shifting to a non-aft, large balcony or mini-suite if the aft balconies are too small... time (and photos) will tell...

Richard/Tralfie

We have booked 12906 for the Sept 1st sailing out of New York on the Breakaway. I cannot tell you how excited we are.... New boat, aft balcony... It's going to be really hard to wait that long.

Thanks,

Sean

I'll look forward to your review! I'm booked in 12906 in March of next year, for my first-ever cruise!

Richard/Tralfie

I"ll be interested to see the various balconies as more people cruise. Hearing so much about how tiny they all are... at this point, I'm booked into an aft balcony on deck 12 for my March 2014 trip... but I might consider shifting to a non-aft, large balcony or mini-suite if the aft balconies are too small... time (and photos) will tell...

Richard/Tralfie

I actually think the aft balconies have good size balconies. And you're on the coveted 12th floor aft - I think you're good. There's been some pics of them on the Everything Breakaway thread.

Edited to add: Lots of pics in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1838632

Edited by youngestof9

• 10 months later...

We are booked in 9318 on the 4/27 cruise. According to our TA (she called NCL and got the low-down) deck 9 and deck 12 have the largest balconies. According to our TA, 9318 is 158 sq ft...huge! The handicapped unit on each deck is double the size but when you book one and are not in a wheelchair, and someone who is wants a handicapped unit demands one, NCL will move you to another cabin to accommodate the handicapped person...and it could be a regular balcony cabin! We could have booked the one on deck 9 but I didn't want to take the chance of being moved to another cabin when the balcony for our cabin was big enough. Because of the way the decks are tiered, our TA told us that deck 9 and 12 had the largest balconies. Also, the way they are tiered, only a small portion is visible from above, so I guess if you are going to be scantily clothed on your balcony, make sure you don't venture out to the end of your balcony!

I will take pictures and post them when we return!

We are booked in 9318 on the 4/27 cruise. According to our TA (she called NCL and got the low-down) deck 9 and deck 12 have the largest balconies. According to our TA, 9318 is 158 sq ft...huge! The handicapped unit on each deck is double the size but when you book one and are not in a wheelchair, and someone who is wants a handicapped unit demands one, NCL will move you to another cabin to accommodate the handicapped person...and it could be a regular balcony cabin! We could have booked the one on deck 9 but I didn't want to take the chance of being moved to another cabin when the balcony for our cabin was big enough. Because of the way the decks are tiered, our TA told us that deck 9 and 12 had the largest balconies. Also, the way they are tiered, only a small portion is visible from above, so I guess if you are going to be scantily clothed on your balcony, make sure you don't venture out to the end of your balcony!

I will take pictures and post them when we return!

We had the 9 AFT HC for our 9/13 cruise it was fabulous! SO large almost suite like.

• 3 months later...
taking my daughter on the may 26th sailing as a college graduation present and decided to get an aft balcony on deck 14 - it was the only aft balcony available. Travel agent said that someone must have canceled their booking - aft balcony cabins are not usually available this late in the booking process.

Are aft balcony cabins worth the extra $ that i paid? I hope so, because i want to make this trip memorable for my daughter!

yes 100%