Electrical Outlet Question

I have to sleep with an air machine due to sleep apnea (I know more info than you want). Are there electrical outlets near the bed on either side for me to plug it in or do I need to bring an extension cord. We are on Mercury CC Penthouse deck. Thanks in advance for any info! Scott

Scott, on all the ships we've been on, there is an outlet in the bathroom & a double outlet on the "dresser". Nothing near the beds that you can get to. Take a power strip AND an extension cord! We always do! Works great for anything you might need to plug in!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Yes, you will need the extension cord. Also, for some of the sleep apnea treatments you need distilled water for the units. While I do not know about it personally, other posts on the board state that you can get distilled water when you get on board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JNLROSE:

Neal, did you just mention a board???? icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! Good one! Different board this time.

Hmm, I wonder if when the conductor on the Hogsworth Express calls out "all aboard" if people start worrying that he is getting ready to cast a transmutation spell?

Neal says: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hmm, I wonder if when the conductor on the Hogsworth Express calls out "all aboard" if people start worrying that he is getting ready to cast a transmutation spell? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many boards are you bringing to the floor-in then Neal?????? icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We have cruised about 7 or 8 times since hubby started using a BiPap w/humidifier and have always needed an extension cord and power strip. You can run the cord under the bed and then up to the desk where you will find most of the outlets for passenger use. You cannot use the outlet in the bathroom--you would blow a fuse!

Actually, the ship's distilled water right from the faucet works fine in the humidifier. It has had the sodium and minerals removed that tend to discolor the bottom of the water container.

We used to take our own, but after discussing this with the sleep lab and with someone (don't remember title) on board who knows the water processing system, it was acertained that ships water is basically distilled water and poses no harm to the humidifier or patient. Even if there were minerals in the water, the particals are too large to evaporate into the mist that is inhaled--that is why they cause discoloration on the bottom the water container--they remain in the water and get concentrated on the bottom.

We also carry a copy of the prescription and the manufacturer's manual in the bag with the equipment. Never have we had to open the carry on bag when going thru the airport scanners...which is surprising since we carry everything needed in the one case, including the cords, hoses, mask etc. They did back it up once and take another look, then passed it thru without comment.

Enjoy your cruise! icon_cool.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Char, I agree with the airport screeners, they take a look and back it up then off it goes, one guy just shook his head once and laughed and I just smiled!

Rosie, I am the national food consultant for First Place the Christian health program and I am also a personal chef in the Atlanta area. Looking to be pampered for a change

Shelly we are on the 6/11 Seattle inside passage cruise, we have 13 so far for our CC party, hope it reaches the magic number!

Thanks everyone! Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JNLROSE:

How many boards are you bringing to the floor-in then Neal?????? icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One, but it is a very,very long one.

Hi firstplacechef:

Jay uses a CPAP machine and had no problems with it on our recent 04/04/04 Mercury cruise. We were on the Penthouse deck in Cabin 1122. The electrical outlet is next to the desk mirror, mid-height and maybe hidden by the drapes. If you don't have an extension cord, your cabin steward with get one for you. You'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

Eileen

I believe extra outlets are available at a small additional charge! Hope this helps!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

One product you should be aware of if you travel with a CPAP machine is a new travel-sized CPAP.

The machine weight 1.5 pounds (no joke!) and is almost completely silent; my wife almost can't tell when it is running. It is small, easy to use, and if you travel a lot, this is (according to my Doc) the only machine to think of.

I didn't buy it at the following link, but you can see what it is:

http://www.cpapman.com/cpap.html#anchor194881

Good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newtocc:

I believe extra outlets are available at a small additional charge! Hope this helps!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What else would the outlets have but the usual 110 volt charge?

Scot says, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rosie, I am the national food consultant for First Place the Christian health program and I am also a personal chef in the Atlanta area. Looking to be pampered for a change

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess we'd better recruit him for the board, I think we need new cooking humor!

Rosie

Archived