Things we did not need on our cruise

l8cruiser

A power bar can be needed, but I've seen people bring a power bar with a 6 foot cord. Ummm, why? There's those small rectangular blocks (made by Belkin, I believe) that turn 1 outlet into 3. PLUS, more importantly, they have 2 USB ports. Leave that little USB-to-outlet gizmo at home and just bring the USB cord, that's all most of your items need.

I've seen them on sale at Walmart for less than 10 bucks. Normally they're in the $20 range. Here we are: http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400738. Buy two of them if your life is so plugged in that you need every electronic gadget you own charged to the max 24 hours a day.

We actually need the extension cord to run my DH's cpap machine close enough to the bed. So that can be useful for some as well.

I took a shoebox full of "hoiusehold items" plus meds etc. It is easier to say what I did use:

- 3 post-it notes

- clear packing tape (about 1 foot of it rolled around a container) - used for securing luggage tags

- lime green bows on luggage - made them easy to spot

- mole skin

That's it. And less clothes. I could have packed everything else in a smaller suitcase.

Of note:

- did not need the iron. I took a 1 oz. spritz bottle from the dollar store which I used to spray water on my clothes and aimed my hair dryer at it and the wrinkles stretched out

- wish I had brought my good flat iron rather than that mostly ineffective cheap one. I had been worried that they might confiscate it.

Archived