LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

For comparison a private sailboat under 50 ft. will pay about $2000 to transit the canal. The canal takes in about 2 billion a year and has expenses of about 600 million. I would call that a pretty good money make.

Question is, who gets the money? I was there almost 10 years ago and it appears to be a mostly very poor country, but that must be just where we were at. WE went on the road from Colon to Panama City, but not to the cities thamselves.

Thank you so very much Trainman for all the great pics and review. DH and I are going on a 10 day cruise in Jan. and we can not wait. DH loves his food and desert so I have been screaming from my office into the family room reading off the menu's. I must have caught his eye since he came into the office and got to see the food and menu options. Thank you again for doing this on your vacation. We all I know love all the info and the pictures.

Toma and Nick

There you are Jim! Oh boy, have you been missed today. If you are pooped you must have been out sight seeing, sit down, relax, give Judith a hug, have a drink & a couple of smokes and don't worry about us. We just have to learn to be patient.

You have been on for 73 minutes for a total of $21.90

Folks I am giving up for now...

I have had no success at all uploading photos from yesterday or today and it is time to head down to the cabin and get ready for dinner.

It may be tomorrow morning before I get back on again.

I have had no success at all uploading photos from yesterday or today and it is time to head down to the cabin and get ready for dinner.

Can't say as I blame you. Enjoy the evening!

We did the same on Voyager back in 06, we were delayed because of storms in the midwest made a dozen incoming flights late. Even the locals stopped on the road to watch the lit up ships leave. It reminded me of an old love boat sailing with hundreds of shore people lined up to wave back.

Yes! I do remember many cars on the inter coastal roads lined up to watch us leave - also saw many flash bulbs going off, some even from the many high-rise condos out on Miami Beach just north of the "cruise ship lane". We were on the Mariner of the Seas, supposed to be sailing out of Port Canaveral, but a hurricane (one of many in the 2005 season) had left the port needing to be re-dredged, so everyone who decided to take the cruise was bussed down to Miami from Orlando/Port Canaveral. There were other ships sailing that night right before and after us. Great memories, BillOh, huh?

Don't want to leave you out, Trainman and Judith, still enjoying all of your postings. Enjoy

Trainman, go and enjoy your evening with Judith..........we can all wait till tomorrow and hope that your connection is better.

Patty

Trainman,

Thank you for taking the time to post all of these pictures during your cruise. I did the same thing last month, even used the Tapatalk phone app during the day to posts more pictures while ashore (they were a little small :o). So I know the time you are taking away from your vacation and I appreciate it as I am now at home recovering from a full knee replacement so I am looking for any distraction I can find. My how things change quickly. :eek:

Thanks again,

Bill

Nice to hear your knee replacement went well. Followed along while you posted your LIVE FROM on the Radiance and surely it must have put a little bit of a damper on your great trip knowing that you were looking THAT surgery in the eye upon your return.

Hope your rehab goes as well as the surgery.

I didn't want to post and interrupt the flow of your review. Now seems like a good time to say that I always enjoy your reviews and am especially interested in the ship on this one . I am going to be going on the Vision next year, but not to Panama which I have enjoyed in the past. this time we will be doing Russia and the Baltics. Only sailing that has 3 days in St. Petersburg, so we plan to fly over to Moscow for the middle day. Come join us.

Hi Trainman, thanks for all of your efforts. The Internet connection can sure be frustrating!! Have you tried just uploading your pics, comments, etc, to a document on your computer and then when you get Internet loading it onto the boards? I did that (minus the pics), and it made it easier, I could sit in my stateroom and put my thoughts, etc in Word, then the next day when I had Internet upload it. It also saved money as I could do it all offline until it was time to upload it to the boards. That way it only took a couple of seconds. Unfortunately I am not great with the pics uploading to the boards, haven't quite figured it out.

Thank you for all of your efforts, we really appreciate it.