Carnival Magic Picture Review (March 2012)

marlat

Awesome! I was boarding the Mariner in Galveston the same time you were on Magic. I wish we ahd been on Magic as Mariner was so boring. Thats why we ahve Magic booked for next march 24th!!

Michelle...be nice to the ship and bring it back in great condition because we are on it right after you...March 31:D:cool::D

Awesome Review!!!! Great Pictures.....the Serenity Deck is always my favorite no matter what ship we are on.

My dad (who I always cruise with) is also a farmer. That is why we can never go on a cruise during the fall months he is always busy with the fall harvest.

I will be looking for more of your review :)

Awesome Review!!!! Great Pictures.....the Serenity Deck is always my favorite no matter what ship we are on.

My dad (who I always cruise with) is also a farmer. That is why we can never go on a cruise during the fall months he is always busy with the fall harvest.

I will be looking for more of your review :)

Yeah- we only get to cruise in the winter... We would love to go to Alaska someday, but I'm not sure how we will ever pull that off.

We will be on the Magic on Nov. 25th...

We did the Anytime Dinning as we have before with no problems...

Did you ask for a table for two or willing to sit with other dinners as you do for breakfast??

I am a bit concerned on the wait times & may have to switch to the Early Dinning...

Thanks

We actually didn't ask for a table for two and sat with other people all three nights we waited for awhile. The rest of the nights were much better... Strangly enough, those are the times we sat alone. Very weird.

loving the review. As a budding photographer I am loving the pictures. I just got a Canon T3i and was wondering if you could give me some pointers as to what settings to use at night to get some shots like you did of the waterworks etc.... Thanks in advance!

For not pictures- up your ISO, lower your shutterspead, and keep your ap as low as your lens will allow. You have to be very careful not to shake your camera as well.

After looking at your pictures of the spa, I decided to upgrade our room to a spa cabin for $60 more so I could check out those chairs and the pool.

Thanks for the pictures.

You will love the spa! We are actually booked in a spa cabin on the dream in Feb... I can't wait to get back to relaxing.

I LOVE this t shirt. Where did you get it? I want 2 dozen of them! :D

We actually got the shirt from Walmart last March. The writing actually glows in the dark, which makes it that much more awesome. lol. It's his favorite shirt to wear to the lake.

Loving your pictures. What did you think of Mr Sancho's? We are considering it for our March trip? How much was it for the all inclusive deal?

We loved Mr. Sancho's and are planning on going back in February. I'm pretty sure it was $50 per person. The weather was nice in March, the bathroom and facilities were clean, the food was pretty good, and the drinks were great. We had a good time talking to the people around us.

We loved Mr. Sanchos and decided then and their we would return again if we ever came back to Cozumel. Luckily, we already have our next trip booked and will be visiting again on Feb. 4th! lol.

A few more pictures from Mr. Sanchos:

7040403657_bd0de0e90c_c.jpg

6894308288_6dc0a16c0a_c.jpg

7040404541_9f36e6abb3_c.jpg

6894308864_064cf25743_c.jpg

6894309156_c77660d4a8_c.jpg

7040405509_510661c612_c.jpg

When you go back to Mr. Sanchos, I highly recommend you try the fish tacos. Fish Tacos isn't something I normally eat. But we asked our server what the best item on their menu was and he said it was by far the best thing they had. All it was is a tortilla and with seasoned, grilled, fish chunks inside. Since we had the all you can eat, we tried them and oh my goodness were they delicious. We had to order more. And I can't wait to go back again to get them there. The Shrimp nachos were delicious there too! I got the steak fajitas also, but wasn't a big fan of those. The guacamole was the best I've ever had though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm back... hanging my head in shame because I never finished my review. Life got a little crazy with harvest and it fell off my radar. I hope you all forgive me.

Some of my favorite parts of the trip are still to come, so I'm going to try to post them rather quickly.

When you go back to Mr. Sanchos, I highly recommend you try the fish tacos. Fish Tacos isn't something I normally eat. But we asked our server what the best item on their menu was and he said it was by far the best thing they had. All it was is a tortilla and with seasoned, grilled, fish chunks inside. Since we had the all you can eat, we tried them and oh my goodness were they delicious. We had to order more. And I can't wait to go back again to get them there. The Shrimp nachos were delicious there too! I got the steak fajitas also, but wasn't a big fan of those. The guacamole was the best I've ever had though.

Thanks for the advice. Our next trip is only two weeks away! I will totally try the fish tacos. :)

When I last posted (months ago) we had just arrived in Jamaica. I had read that the county can be a little scary, so we decided to book an excursion. We settled on The Appleton Rum Factory tour. This was an all day excursion that took us on a two hour trip through the country side.

7043199283_606781e512_z.jpg

6897104492_e1f1bd3bcb_z.jpg

I actually really liked riding in the van. It was comfortable and cool and we enjoyed talking to the other people on our excursion. BUT the driving in Jamaica is absolutely crazy. Our guide kept telling us that we were on the "no worries bus" and that anytime we felt like we were going to die just to say, "no worries, be happy!"

It didn't work. lol. Their roads are so skinny, we were driving on the right, and there were little kids walking all along the side of the road. Sometimes, they would reach out and try to grab the side of the bus. I was so afraid we were going to run one of them over.

Also, I got pretty carsick and I normally have no problems with motion sickness. I didn't actually throw up, but I felt like I was going to. We stopped about half way through the drive and I got a coke that completely soothed my stomach.

This is the little "village" we stopped at for drinks and a potty break:

6897105216_4a1e0fdb0f_z.jpg

6897105594_0eb9ff3f30_z.jpg

And I few more pictures from the drive:

7043200369_9e7b734a85_z.jpg

7043200677_8d13b1bd5f_z.jpg

7043201125_b8d4d61717_z.jpg

7043201483_5bd0abcab8_z.jpg

Along the way, our guide was telling us about their history and culture. She explained that minimum wage is only $20 a week and that it sometimes takes people years to build their houses. She pointed out really fancy houses and said they belong to the "pharmacists," who didn't go to university. lol.

This ride was really one of my favorite parts of the cruise. We had such a great time seeing the actual country.

Archived