sunshine: no traditional dining?

H82seaUgo

Carnival will do anything to make this rust bucket sound good and there are idiots out there smart enough to buy it.

Well just call me another of the idiot's then.

I enjoyed the Destiny, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the Sunshine as well.

I guess it's just a good thing that I'm not as smart as you. So that I too could hate a ship I've never been on, based on number of passenger's.

I hope you continue hating without trying, leaves more cabins available for us idiots!

Well just call me another of the idiot's then.

I enjoyed the Destiny, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the Sunshine as well.

I guess it's just a good thing that I'm not as smart as you. So that I too could hate a ship I've never been on, based on number of passenger's.

I hope you continue hating without trying, leaves more cabins available for us idiots!

I guess one needs to sail the Triumph or Victory to know how the Destiny should have been....

JH has posted on Facebook that this rumor is NOT true. There will be set dining times as well as MTD.

Do people sit around thinking this stuff up?

No in fact the guide on the Behind the Fun Tour on Destiny is the one who generated the rumors.

I think he bumped his head or has had too many sea days.

http://www.carnival.com/funville/forums/t/245802.aspx?PageIndex=1

Did the ship's tour on the Destiny 9/27 and the guide informed us that they will soon have anytime dining on all ships rather than assigned dining times. The new Sunshine will have 3 specialty dining options and only one level in main dining room and will be open seating? Seems like it could be very crowded if the whole ship shows up at once lol. Anyway, should be interesting to see how this works.

Happy Cruising!

Now the next part had me rolling .. <cutting off the back of the ship, ROFL> Serenity is going to be FWD over the New Cloud 9 Spa. LOL

WHEW I remember, he said Mongolian Wok was the other restaurant!!! And for those who want to know the 3 level serenity area is going to be on the back of the ship! They are cutting off the back as it is now and extending it for the serenity and also adding decks. It isn't made up, the guide told us while we were on the tour. Several of the areas are actually being torn apart now. Some of the crew cabins are cut up and they are having to double up for places to sleep. Anyway, I am anxious to see it when it is finished.

No in fact the guide on the Behind the Fun Tour on Destiny is the one who generated the rumors.

I think he bumped his head or has had too many sea days.

http://www.carnival.com/funville/forums/t/245802.aspx?PageIndex=1

Now the next part had me rolling .. <cutting off the back of the ship, ROFL> Serenity is going to be FWD over the New Cloud 9 Spa. LOL

Or the person taking the tour misunderstood and/or generated the rumors.

The way things have been going (whoops, I almost said progressing) I think traditional dinning is on the way out for Carnival and will be replaced by ATD buffets.

More and more Carnival cruisers are requesting no dress policies and preferring anytime dining. Buffets fit that style of vacationers better for Carnival because they are easier to manage and service. Also Carnival can create several small specialty restaurants for those willing to pay an extra fee to enjoy a more traditional table service and dress code. Carnival benefits by reducing waiters and gains from the specialty restaurants. Buffets give cruiser more power to customize their vacation by dressing and dinning however they want.

Burt

I guess one needs to sail the Triumph or Victory to know how the Destiny should have been....

I've been on Destiny, Victory AND Triumph. Both Victory and Triumph already have the partial deck and some of the additional cabins. As far as I am concerned, they are all the same class ship and no noticeable difference in level of service. It's all good and none were crowded.

The new Carnival Sunshine will be where it's at!

The way things have been going (whoops, I almost said progressing) I think traditional dinning is on the way out for Carnival and will be replaced by ATD buffets.

More and more Carnival cruisers are requesting no dress policies and preferring anytime dining. Buffets fit that style of vacationers better for Carnival because they are easier to manage and service. Also Carnival can create several small specialty restaurants for those willing to pay an extra fee to enjoy a more traditional table service and dress code. Carnival benefits by reducing waiters and gains from the specialty restaurants. Buffets give cruiser more power to customize their vacation by dressing and dinning however they want.

Burt

I think the direction Carnival is headed does include offering the passenger more choice, but still maintaining the traditional as one of the choices.

I've been on Destiny, Victory AND Triumph. Both Victory and Triumph already have the partial deck and some of the additional cabins. As far as I am concerned, they are all the same class ship and no noticeable difference in level of service. It's all good and none were crowded.

I will agree with you on the ships are basically the same. but isnt the Destiny shorter? They do feel more crowded than other carnival ships especially on the lido deck and buffet area

I do look forward to seeing the new serenity area on the DestNshine. But unless they can enlarge the other areas it will still be crowded.

I will agree with you on the ships are basically the same. but isnt the Destiny shorter? They do feel more crowded than other carnival ships especially on the lido deck and buffet area

I do look forward to seeing the new serenity area on the DestNshine. But unless they can enlarge the other areas it will still be crowded.

I bring a lot of junk on cruises, but never a tape measure. Mr Google seems to think they are all 893 feet long.

I rarely encounter crowds on cruise ships and when I do, I migrate to uncrowded parts of the ship. I don't think it is physically possible for all parts of a ship to be crowded at the same time.

Actually, having been on all three as well, all three were the most crowded on that poorly designed Lido deck. The extra half deck on the latter 2 were basically all cabin additions, but had all the fixes from the Destiny inadequacies.

I bring a lot of junk on cruises, but never a tape measure. Mr Google seems to think they are all 893 feet long.

I rarely encounter crowds on cruise ships and when I do, I migrate to uncrowded parts of the ship. I don't think it is physically possible for all parts of a ship to be crowded at the same time.

Actually I think the Destiny is 1 ft shorter;)

But my point is all 3 bottleneck as you come out of the lido deck mid ship elevators onto the lido. Also you dont have the larger Buffet the Conquest class and above does.

When a ship is crowded I just spend more time on the Balcony

Actually, having been on all three as well, all three were the most crowded on that poorly designed Lido deck. The extra half deck on the latter 2 were basically all cabin additions, but had all the fixes from the Destiny inadequacies.

I so Agree

That is an opinion many do not share including me. There have been some glowing reviews of Destiny as of late.

Archived