Today, I was my own upgrade fairy.

rle1982

I believe when they reprice the cruise at the lower

price, it adds the current taxes on...they do change,

my travel agent told me that....they subtract the

current total fare from the total fare originally paid.

they cannot simply adjust the cruise fare only,

they computers autoprice like the airlines do.

Well I think you have to have booked Early Saver, to be eligible....and you can go to Carnival's website and in the search box at the top right type in "fare viewer" you have to know your base rate, and cabin category....

if i am mis-speaking or leaving anything out, I hope someone will correct me, as I am not really a seasoned cruiser...

Until the final payment date, Carnival will honor any price drops....I got a $200 adjustment today on our transatlantic next February.

The only advantage to booking Early Saver is it's good right up to the end for price drops.

First off- I am still pleased that I got a price reduction but i will say I have some questions???

I got a confirmation from Carnival today that I got a $78.00 drop in price. Last night I was told I had a price drop of $120.00!!!:confused:

I called Carnival tonight to ask why I didn't get the higher amount and she said that I DID get the $120.00 but the Federal Tax changed since I booked in Aug. and because of that it lowered that to $78.

Can someone explain this - because the woman I was talking to just kept saying " That's just the way it is- that's just the way it is"!!!

This is the first time I have used "Early Saver" and I kind of feel ripped off now...

I just want to understand - if someone wants to jump in...???

Taxes change day to day and when you submit an early saver claim, they use the current taxes for your price change.

The good news is that if the taxes drop before the cruise, you'll get it in the form of onboard credit. It is usually not much but it's a nice surprise.

Well played! But remember...once you go aft, you never go back :cool:

We had an aft balcony...probably won't do it again unless it's an aft wrap. Didn't like seeing "where we've been" as much as I had hoped. And the soot was so annoying as to disrupt our use of the balcony (I realize many people haven't had an issue with soot, but we certainly did).

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!

Because of your Thread I double checked the Carnival Site and just got a reduction[OMC] of $120.00!!!:D:D Not bad I say!!:D

Thanks again- one of the many reasons I love CC!!!

My pleasure, I actually checked again because I saw a thread that was titled "huge sale" or something...lol CC is an awesome resource!:)

Archived