Rockley finally going there, info please

Kaboochi

I Visited Barbadoes 2 years ago with 19 other friends and I had the day planned to go to Rockley/Accra after our tour of Harrison's caves. Our van driver convinced the group not to go there (too rough). So, he took us to Monkey Beach, where he got a kick back from the restaurant. It was not a very picturesque beach. I was so disappointed.

BUT, next week I will visit Bardadoes again. I have learned from CC that I should walk past the cabbies at the port and go into town to ask for a cab to my beach. I am concerned that the cabbie may try to disway me too. I plan to say I am meeting someone at Rockley. Can anyone tell me of a restaurant or shop close to that beach so that I have a destination point? Any help is so appreciated as I WANT TO SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL BEACH. I will report back on my day. Thank you in advance for your help:):):)

The Sideshore Beach Bar and Bistro is on Rockley Beach, right at the south end of it.

Just north of Rockley is Accra. Both are actually on the same stretch of sand...

Here are some photos we took:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472934985680.246435.567405680&type=1&l=7a121683da

The following photos were taken at Rockley:

4-7

28-37

42-49

75-81

112-124

155-158

This ended up being our favourite beach. We would get there between 7:30 and 8:00 and we had the turtles all to ourselves...

Cheers, P:)

The Sideshore Beach Bar and Bistro is on Rockley Beach, right at the south end of it.

Just north of Rockley is Accra. Both are actually on the same stretch of sand...

Here are some photos we took:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472934985680.246435.567405680&type=1&l=7a121683da

The following photos were taken at Rockley:

4-7

28-37

42-49

75-81

112-124

155-158

This ended up being our favourite beach. We would get there between 7:30 and 8:00 and we had the turtles all to ourselves...

Fantastic photos. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Where did you swim with the turtles? Did you go with a tour or on your own?

We were in Barbados for 2 weeks back in Aug 2010. We rented a condo in St. Lawrence Gap and we'd walk almost every morning to Rockley Beach (about 15 mins). We'd get there before 8:00 a.m. and swim with turtles at the small reef straight out from the Sideshore Bar.

Most mornings, we had the beach all to ourselves - it was great...

The other turtle pictures were taken at Payne's Bay, on a booze cruise with Heatwave.

Archived