Dawn-Deck-8-Aft-Question?

sierratango

Hello-Everyone,

My-husband-and-I-have-booked-a-cruise-on-the-Dawn-deck-8-Aft.-Rm-8656

We-are-a-little-concerned-after-reading-that-Spinnecker-Lounge-below-makes-all-Deck-8-aft.-so-noisy-sometimes-till-3AM.:confused:.Is-this-true?-We-are-not-directly-above-but-on-side-off-part-of-the-lounge-according-to-the-diagrams.-Would-appreaciate-any-info-and-can-rooms-be-changed-after-confirmation-if-need-be?

Thanks-in-advance

Deb-in-Ma.

Our cabins are exactly the same, the difference being that you are port and we are starboard, and like you, our cabin 8165 is also beneath the Spinnaker Lounge.

A cursory look at the deck plan indicates that we are also both situated on the periphery of the Lounge, so perhaps we might get some noise....but who can really predict such things.

Any cruise we have taken, has required that we always pack sets of ear-plugs since there are are so many variable noises on board ship to anticipate, be it HAL, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival, among others. Noises have never ruined ANY of our 25 previous cruises.

We tend to be last-minute cruise shoppers, so I suppose we get the cabin that we are given. That just happens to be the luck of the draw.

In spite of Spinnakers Lounge, we are just dreaming about the beautiful cruise on which we will be embarking in 15 days hence, Quebec City to Tampa.

Our cabins are exactly the same, the difference being that you are port and we are starboard, and like you, our cabin 8165 is also beneath the Spinnaker Lounge.

A cursory look at the deck plan indicates that we are also both situated on the periphery of the Lounge, so perhaps we might get some noise....but who can really predict such things.

Any cruise we have taken, has required that we always pack sets of ear-plugs since there are are so many variable noises on board ship to anticipate, be it HAL, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival, among others. Noises have never ruined ANY of our 25 previous cruises.

We tend to be last-minute cruise shoppers, so I suppose we get the cabin that we are given. That just happens to be the luck of the draw.

In spite of Spinnakers Lounge, we are just dreaming about the beautiful cruise on which we will be embarking in 15 days hence, Quebec City to Tampa.

MathGuy:--Thank-you-for-taking-the-time-to-reply.-Will-pack-ear-plugs-for-sure.-This-is-my-2nd-cruise-and-my-Husbands-first.-I-loved-the-first-and-I'm-hoping-he-does-as-well.-Wow!-you've-been-on-"25"...Lucky.-I'm-hoping-to-do-many-more.

Deb-in-Ma.

If I recall correctly, the speakers are located in the center and more towards the aft half of Spinnakers. Since you are on the side and more towards the front, you may not get the bass vibrations that other cabins may get (aft interiors and aft balconies). It won't be totally silent either.

If I recall correctly, the speakers are located in the center and more towards the aft half of Spinnakers. Since you are on the side and more towards the front, you may not get the bass vibrations that other cabins may get (aft interiors and aft balconies). It won't be totally silent either.

Thanks-Lax..thats-helpful..

Hi:

We were in cabin 8160 on the Star and although there was a slight bit of noise, it didn't keep us awake. I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat.

Archived