carnival dream 9/29/-10/6 review

sgatling7

My brother-in-law is rich' date=' very rich and we just returned from a family get-to-gether at Chuck-a-rama where both of us raved about their turkey "pot" roast. He was also telling us about his $500 entre in Japan that was totally unedible to his palate.

Food, next to who you consider good looking, is probably the most subjective thing there is. And $$$ doesn't buy the best tasting food. The best hamburger in my town is served at a greasy diner and the worst service was rated at the most high priced restaurant.

I take all "food" criticisms with a huge grain of salt. If I haven't found something edible on my plate while on a cruise I send it back. Sometimes the lobsters are pretty tasteless...but that is about the "catch" and not how they are prepared...then I just ask for more drawn butter. Sometimes the prime rib is done to perfection and sometimes it seems to be kind of tough. I have never ever had a waiter not take back my plate and bring me something else and they have always done so in record time. Maybe its how we treat the staff that brings out such good service for our bunch...hmmm![/quote']

This reminds me of when I was managing a restaurant years ago. We had a lady that sent her soup back twice complaining that it was cold. I took the temperature of the soup in the holding station...170+, heated up a cup to 190, took it to her...and it still wasn't hot in her opinion.

I'm scheduled to sail on Dream later this month and hope to have a much more pleasant experience. Hopefully, CCL beards are reading these forums, taking heed and schooling their personnel.

My previous sailings have always been positive and I will always go with a positive attitude. Hope I am not disappointed...

Archived