Econo Lodge Hollywood, FL?

debr

Has anyone stayed at the Econo Lodge at 1725 Taft Street in Hollywood, FL? It is 3 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale airport and has a shuttle from the airport and to the port. We get in late at night and leave early the next morning for our cruise and I really don't want to spend well over a $100 for a room that I'll use for a few hours. BUT, if this is in a horrible area I don't want that either!

Advice?

Debr

I've only stayed at an EconoLodge once, but it was clean and pretty nice. I'd recommend looking at www.tripadvisor.com, or check for reviews at travel.yahoo.com.

You may also want to check at www.hotwire.com to see what they have for that night. I got a great deal through them recently.

Finally, if all else fails, remember this hotel credo. You are getting in late, you are leaving early. The shuttle is free, the room is cheap. As long as the rooms are pretty clean, I'd go for it.

That is an awful location. Please don't stay there. I live in Hollywood and I know all the areas. Pay an extra $20 and stay somewhere safe.

I agree with the above 100%. This hotel is just off Federal Hwy which is the ugliest stretch in all of SFL. Federal Highway is home to some "hot sheets" hotels. Not saying Econo Lodge is one of them, but it's in the same geographical area.

There is a nice Econo Lodge on Hollywood Blvd. This is a very busy street, but the hotel has recently been redone. Unfortunately, this one is further from the airport and port.

In general, Hollywood has very reasonably priced hotels that are just a couple miles from airport and port. (80% of Port Everglades is actually located in the City of Hollywood.) Added bonus of many Hlwd hotels, they're on the beach. Check out www.visithollywood.org for full listing.

Archived