Price of Gas and distance to the rainforest and biobay

buffyblue

Hello we are renting a car and driving to the rainforest and biobay. My question is how much is a liter of gas and how far is the rainforest from Old San Juan? Does anyone know how much further the biobay is beyond the rainforest? I am trying to get an idea of how much gas we will use for budgeting purposes.

Thanks

We did the rainforest tour on our cruise in Septemter. It was with a tour company but the ride out was about one hour and the driver knew where he was going. I noticed the gas prices along the way but it is sold by the liter instead of the gallon so it did not make much sense to me. It was about $1 a litter which I think works out to almost $5 a gallon. Don't know about Biobay. Our ship was in port from 7 AM till Noon. The tour took the whole time were were in port by the time we drove out and back and made our stops in the rain forest.

As the previous poster mentioned, gasoline here is sold by the liter. Prices this week are ranging between 89 cents to a dollar a liter. So, if at a dollar it works out to about $3.80 a gallon.

The rainforest is about a 45 minute drive with the newly opened toll road that takes you right to Rio Grande, the municipality where the rainforest is located. It could take you as little as half an hour with no traffic.

The Bio Bay launch site is about 20 - 30 minutes further east.

As the previous poster mentioned, gasoline here is sold by the liter. Prices this week are ranging between 89 cents to a dollar a liter. So, if at a dollar it works out to about $3.80 a gallon.

Thanks so much. That is what I wanted to know.

The rainforest is about a 45 minute drive with the newly opened toll road that takes you right to Rio Grande, the municipality where the rainforest is located. It could take you as little as half an hour with no traffic.

The Bio Bay launch site is about 20 - 30 minutes further east.

I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to tour the rainforest and make the Bio Bay for the 1st trip out.

Archived