Blackbeard Cay-Nassau

downeasternercruisin'

i can tell you we were skeptical as well due to some of the things i read here but i was there a week ago today:( and the beach was great ... it was clean.. sparkling blue water and plenty of chairs...just what we looking for on our first full day on the Mariner !! any specific questions i will be happy to answer.

Blackbeards Cay is a small island off the coast of Cable Beach with an open beach area, tons of lounges, grill and daiguiri hut. It's smaller than Blue lagoon, but bigger than pearl Island, and usually pretty busy with people from the cruise lines. There is some shaded area and a couple of hammocks in the pines. The back side of the island is shared with Sandals " Private Island". It's a fun day at the beach.

http://www.globaldd.com/images/projects/dolphin3.jpg

http://www.globaldd.com/images/projects/dolphin4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

and the beach itself was really nice. not rocky, plenty of chairs, refreshments readily available, clean changing facilities, freshwater showers to rinse off. the only thing I was sorry about is that we were only there for an hour and a half! :) I'd say either do that or Atlantis. The town of Nassau itself is kind nasty and dirty and Atlantis would be my other choice.

Archived