Any "Park Port Canaveral" reviews?

FloridaMimi

We will be leaving in the morning on our cruise. I've just discovered a park and ride shuttle service that is a lot cheaper than parking at the terminal, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences (Good or Bad) with the company? It's called "Park Port Canaveral" located out of the Radisson Inn. :)

We parked there for our last cruise. It was fine. No problems to report.

Thanks so much for the info....:) One more thing, Can you tell me how long you waited after you arrived at the parking location until you were taken to the terminal? I don't want to get there and have to wait an hour before we are on our way to the terminal.

Edited by FloridaMimi

I used "Park-n-Cruise" at Port Canaveral last trip, and it worked out excellent! As a matter of fact, the shuttle was sitting at the curb when I left the terminal, upon return. I doubt that it would work out that way each time, but for us that was the case. They helped load, and unload the luggage, and we kept our keys. The lot is VERY close to the port, and the price was right.

"SKY"

Just back from the Dream.

We were going to use parkn cruise but at our hotel asked if we could leave our car and than they offered us voucher for port at 8.99 per day.

Few bucks more than off site but much cheaper than regular rate.

Worked out great and we hit the road at 7 am to go home.

Someone mentioned on another thread that the new Radisson program has 18 shuttles. Not sure if they actually counted the shuttles or were just throwing a number out there to say that they have more than one van now.

This is the link to the site Sky suggested.

If you are driving in the day of your cruise you may want to take a look at this site:

www.parkcruise.com for another parking option. I have friends that have used them and they were satisfied with the service and of course the rate compared to port parking rates.

As posted earlier Port parking is $15.00/day- that includes:eek: arrival and departure day.

www.portcanaveral.com

We used Cruise Parking last weekend for the Sensation and waited about 15 minutes from the time we unloaded our luggage until we were on the bus. The ride was about 10 minutes to the port. Waited about 15 minutes when we returned after we called to be picked up. Had my mother so the price was only $4.99 per day. Regular $5.99

We used Cruise Parking last weekend for the Sensation and waited about 15 minutes from the time we unloaded our luggage until we were on the bus. The ride was about 10 minutes to the port. Waited about 15 minutes when we returned after we called to be picked up. Had my mother so the price was only $4.99 per day. Regular $5.99

What did your mother have to do with it, because I'll have my mom too?

Just looking at the Radisson Parking website at http://www.parkportcanaveral.com and notice they also charge for departure and arrival days like the port does. In other words, 8 days for a 7 day cruise.

We are cruising from Sunday thru Thursday on the Sensation. The price for this through "Park Port Canaveral" is $31.55. The price at the terminal is $75.00.:eek: I think we got a GREAT deal !! :) Even if we have to wait a little.:p

I must have done something I wasn't supposed to do because my topic post has been "moved."Moved where? And the "last post, replies and views" windows are blank. Sorry I didn't mean to post anything I shouldn't have. :-(

Edited by FloridaMimi

The posts seem to be fine, right here. Doesn't look to have been moved.

Anyway, I've only ever driven our car to 2 ports, Boston and Baltimore, and parked at the port both times. Neither port had "park and cruise" options nearby, like Canaveral, Port Everglades and the like. I would never pay port parking in these type of ports when there are such good options near the port.

• 5 months later...

have just come from short 4day/3night cruise out of port canaveral. I decided to use the raddison park and cruise after reading reviews. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised with the location (can see the ships from lot), service and cost (4.99 per day booked online). We caught a shuttle and were at the port in less than 5 min. Great! The return trip was a different story. We had a long drive and was one of the first off the ship and did not check bags. When I arrived at shuttle I asked if we would have to wait to fill up the vehicle and was told no just maybe 10-15 min. We did end up having to wait and did not arrive at our vehicle for over an hour!! This was the same trip that took 5 min on the initial trip-so the lesson here is that if you are in a hurry when you leave the ship be prepared to wait unless you get lucky and the shuttle is full when you arrive. Other than that (which for us was a deal breaker for future reservations) things were very professional.

• 1 month later...

We used Executive Parking for our last cruise out of Port Canarveral. It is just a little bit away from the port. The lot was very secure and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. If you book online you get a great price. We paid $5 per day for our parking. The shuttle was quick and the driver friendly. I would recommend them all day long and will be using them again in the future. www.executiveparkingportcanaveral.com

• 4 months later...

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

We booked and prepaid a month in advance. We did not arrive to the parking lot late, we got there around 11:30 am. When we got to the fenced in lot, we were told that the lot was full and that we would have to park across the street, behind the Raddisson Hotel. They had our reservation in their system and everything went smoothly, but the overflow parking at the Raddisson is NOT fenced in! We booked and paid for "100% Security Fenced Lot", as stated all over their website. The lot we parked in was not gated or fenced at all, and I'm sure it's not "24/7 Patrolled Security!" We did not get what we paid for. I might have been OK with it if they offered a discount, but they didn't offer or say anything about not delivering the product described on their website. The fenced lot looked nice, but our prepaid reservation did not allow us to park there. Beware, you may not get anything like what they promise on their website!

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm cruisin out of Port Canaveral Dec 7th, and went to book at Park-n-Cruise. Noticed they charge for 8 days for a 7-day cruise. Is this normal? Don't remember that last time I used one of these and if so, do you get your money back for that day?

Hi all,

I'm cruisin out of Port Canaveral Dec 7th, and went to book at Park-n-Cruise. Noticed they charge for 8 days for a 7-day cruise. Is this normal? Don't remember that last time I used one of these and if so, do you get your money back for that day?

I'm not sure how you calculated the days. All I know is they charge for the day you arrive AND the day you leave. That's customary. We have used park and ride services in 2 of our cruises. 1 in Port Canaveral and the other in Jacksonville. We love the service. Hope this helps and have a fabulous Cruise . We went on a Halloween cruise just a few weeks ago and had a great time. In fact we're ready for another. :p:):D

hey thanks for the post. just received an email from Greg at the park and cruise place...

"All parking facilities in the area including us and even Port Canaveral

itself charge for each day a car is on the lot. On the day the ship returns, there is still a charge for the car on the lot even though it's just a portion of the day. It's just how all parking places charge.":rolleyes:

No biggy, booked a reservation there, so my group is set. I'm definately ready for some fun in the sun. 12 days and counting! This will be my 6th cruise, but first time on a "big" ship...

Looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

To the folks who questioned paying for 8 days for a 7-day cruise, please check that your cruise was not instead a 7-night (not 7-day) cruise, a common oversight. If your cruise leaves on Sunday and comes back the next Sunday, your car is parked there for 8 days. Hope that helps . . .

• 7 months later...

Just got back from the Liberty and had to wait almost half an hour in the heat for them to pick us up as there were so many people waiting for the shuttles. They said there was an accident that backed them up, but I'm not sure the wait was worth the money we saved.

• 3 months later...

I was not at all pleased with parking here. I usually don't write negative reviews but I wanted to this time due to our experience. I would advise parking at the park and ride. They charge less and they will only charge you for a 24 hour day rather than each day you are parked in their lot. Radisson makes double bank on the days that the cruise ships come in and go out again on the same day (which is every week) because everyone is charged by the number of days their car actually sits on the lot. It doesn't matter if you drop it off on Friday at 11:00 am and then returns to pick it up on Monday before 11:00 am. So in the example above you are paying for 4 days rather then the 3 days (less than 3 x 24 hour periods). It's never been like this anywhere I have ever parked....for cruises or airline. Not to mention the rudeness of the ladies at the desk. One had left a message on our phone saying that that was their policy and that we could "park elsewhere" if that was not acceptable. However, we didn't not get this message until after we had already gotten to the lot just hours before our cruise. So we ended up parking there anyway. Then the other lady at the counter was not friendly to us when we got there. She was raising her voice and not nice at all ...like a customer service worker should be. On the positive side the business that was run on the outside was much better and the driver on the bus was very nice. Needless to say........we will never park at that spot again or any other radisson spot.

• 3 years later...

I have parked here at Park Port Canaveral twice. Once in March 2017 and once in December 2017. Both times I had about the same experience. When I dropped off my car the process was very smooth. I made a reservation ahead of time and they were able to look it up pretty quickly. They unloaded my bags and I parked the car. I didn’t have to wait very long to get onto the shuttle to head to the port. When I returned to the port from the cruise, it was easy to find the overhang where the shuttles pick us up because the drivers did a good job explaining where we were to meet. However, the overhang doesn’t have any signs to say which company picks up there, so other people were lost and that created confusion. There was also a massive gaggle of people and very few shuttles running, so it took a long time to get back to my car. The first time, I was able to get on an earlier shuttle because I drove there by myself and met my family. So, that time, I was only one person getting on the shuttle. The second time, there was a group of four of us and the wait was horrendous. People had already been waiting 45 minutes to an hour and multiple people, including our party called an uber to take them to the parking lot. There was no organization in getting people on the shuttle to get back. Basically, if you push your way to the front you may get on a shuttle or you’ll just have to wait a very long time. I recommend the company set up some kind of queue or line system with ropes so it can be more organized. I would also recommend the company have personnel there manning this queue and directing people into the shuttle. This would make the process a lot more smooth. Also, more shuttles would also speed up the wait time, but the big issue is the unorganized area and process to get on the shuttle and back to your car.