hotels in galveston

sunbeachboatfun14

The only two hotels near the port are The Tremont and Harbor House. The majority are on the Seawall facing the Gulf of Mexico.

Depending on when you are sailing (not an event weekend), I have read on the message boards, others have been able to reserve for one night.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

The Harbor house this far out they will require a 2 night minimum. Especially from them directly. As it gets closer to your sailing date you can check 3rd party booking engines.

I think we got our sat night stay about 2 weeks out thru the Orbiting website.

Now if you want no frills and cheap than the Red Carpet Inn at the Bolivar ferry isnt bad. It isnt next to the port but the ships go by there. Also the ferry ride it self is great.

We wanted to see the ships come in as well but the HH wasnt an option and I didnt want to get up and drive from the West end to see the ships at 6am.

The owner,Sam, is really nice and the property has improved under his ownership..

It is a safe place, even thoiu It doesnt look safe as you are driving towards it,. due to all the sherrifs across the street searching cars prior to the ferry.

The room we stayed in was large and clean with remodeled bathroom. Actually the bathroom was nicer at Red carpet than HH

The breakfast wasnt worth the effort. It was microwaved jimmy dean sausage bisquits. The coffee was ok with some sugar:eek:

You just need to go with lower expectations. It doesnt look like much but your not paying much either.

If you call him direct he might give you a better price than what is online

The reviews on Tripadvisor actually ranks it better than Harbor house but I disagree. But at less than half the price of HH I can see why people like Red carpet

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g55879-Galveston_Galveston_Island_Texas-Hotels.html

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.galveston.com/default.asp

I booked my one night prior stay through this website...then called the hotel direct a few days later, just to confirm the reservation. It supposedly has to be pulled up in a different system, or so I was told by the person that answered the phone when I called to confirm, but I did get my room and was able to book just one night and it was a couple of months in advance. Hope that helps, I highly recommend Harbor House it was perfect. And when you talk with them ask them about getting the free transfer to the ship, we did it when we checked in so not sure if you can do any earlier than that, but there were 2 of us and we were able to get a 12noon shuttle to the ship included.

http://www.galveston.com/default.asp

I booked my one night prior stay through this website...then called the hotel direct a few days later, just to confirm the reservation. It supposedly has to be pulled up in a different system, or so I was told by the person that answered the phone when I called to confirm, but I did get my room and was able to book just one night and it was a couple of months in advance. Hope that helps, I highly recommend Harbor House it was perfect. And when you talk with them ask them about getting the free transfer to the ship, we did it when we checked in so not sure if you can do any earlier than that, but there were 2 of us and we were able to get a 12noon shuttle to the ship included.

Were you able to leave your car at the hotel? If so, do they charge for overnight parking?

Archived