Insurance for Air Miles Flight

Karysa

That would be what we will do if only our flight is cancelled or Air Canada's flights due to labor issues bur if there is a snowstorm and flights all or most flights were cancelled all day and we find out at 8 pm that ours is cancelled as well would you still handle it the same way?

You are making this WAAAAAAAY too complicated. No matter WHY your flight is cancelled, per the rules of the policy you purchased that you posted, you MUST call the insurance company to notify them that your flight is cancelled. AT that point in time, they may or may not give you authorization to book and PAY FOR a flight on another airline IN ECONOMY. If they feel Air Canada will get you to the cruise on time on one of their flights, they MAY NOT give you authorization to book a flight on another airline. They WILL NOT book the flight for you.

That is why I said you needed to start with Air Canada IMMEDIATELY when you know there is a problem.

If it is a snow storm and no flights are flying out of Toronto any direction, I would be getting in the car and driving to Buffalo, NYC or someplace where the planes ARE flying.

That would be the ONLY alternative you have to make your cruise on the day it starts. Otherwise, you will have to fly to the first port. AND MOST travel insurance policies (which is what you bought) REQUIRE you to make an effort to CATCH UP to the cruise. If you don't make the effort, most coverage is denied.

I don't think that I am making this complicated . I don't think that every cancellation of my flight is the same and asked ccer's if they would just forget about the insurance (because while DH and I are on hold with Air Canada and Blue Cross) if there is a snowstorm and just book on line with any available airline. Basically waiving the insurance in that particular situation. We could be on hold for hours and all of the people with flights canceled before hand will have booked the best flights already.

BTW I am just interested in opinions and not stressed just researching.

I don't think that I am making this complicated . I don't think that every cancellation of my flight is the same and asked ccer's if they would just forget about the insurance (because while DH and I ate on hold with Air Canada and Blue Cross) if there is a snowstorm and just book on line with any available airline. Basically waiving the insurance in that particular situation.

So in other words, you would PAY out of your pocket for a walk up, last minute ticket (usually VERY, VERY expensive) and not try to be reimbursed by insurance you have purchased because you didn't want to make a phone call???

I really must be missing something.

So in other words, you would PAY out of your pocket for a walk up, last minute ticket (usually VERY, VERY expensive) and not try to be reimbursed by insurance you have purchased because you didn't want to make a phone call???

I really must be missing something.

No because I really want to make the ship.

$29 pp for insurance that would cover us for all of the other situations would still be worth it to me.

Archived