Ziplining in San Juan

debster818

Has anyone ziplined in San Juan? Which company did you go with?

We've done it twice and enjoyed it.....our next visit we may do it a 3rd time. Our 6th visit in all to San Jaun.

We are there on a cruise, for a very short stay...arrive at 7am, and leave at 1pm so there is not much time to do but one thing.

We booked it as a ship's excursion, not a private co.

You go by bus about 45 minutes to the national park - rain forest. After being outfitted with your gear and a brief instruction, you go from tree stand to tree stand through the forest. I believe there were 10 runs?

There are people there of all ages. My wife and I are in our early 60's, but very active.

You do need to do some climbing. The bus cannot go all the way to the top of the mountain.

Like I said, for the short time we are there, it is a good excursion. There is not much else to do IMO other than the fort and/or walk around town.

We've done it twice and enjoyed it.....our next visit we may do it a 3rd time. Our 6th visit in all to San Jaun.

We are there on a cruise, for a very short stay...arrive at 7am, and leave at 1pm so there is not much time to do but one thing.

We booked it as a ship's excursion, not a private co.

You go by bus about 45 minutes to the national park - rain forest. After being outfitted with your gear and a brief instruction, you go from tree stand to tree stand through the forest. I believe there were 10 runs?

There are people there of all ages. My wife and I are in our early 60's, but very active.

You do need to do some climbing. The bus cannot go all the way to the top of the mountain.

Like I said, for the short time we are there, it is a good excursion. There is not much else to do IMO other than the fort and/or walk around town.

Thanks so much. We are on Carnival Glory and dock from 7am to 3:30 pm. Will this time allotment be enough to zip and also to walk around old San Juan and see the forts? Were you on a carnival ship when you did this zip? Thanks so much.

Thanks so much. We are on Carnival Glory and dock from 7am to 3:30 pm. Will this time allotment be enough to zip and also to walk around old San Juan and see the forts? Were you on a carnival ship when you did this zip? Thanks so much.

Plenty of time to walk around town, as long as you don't wander off too far. The ships dock right there at the foot of the town.

As far as going up to the fort, that is an excursion in itself...don't know if you would have time to do both.

Speaking of the fort, we like to go up there first thing after getting off the ship, spend some time there, then casually walk through town back to the ship stopping and taking in all the historical landmarks, and places to eat. It's also all downhill.

Many people refer to 2 forts....yes, there are 2 distinct places one can visit, but technically the entire town of "Old" San Jaun is inside the walls of one large fort.

Oh, and we always sail on Royal Caribbean....

Has anyone ziplined in San Juan? Which company did you go with?

I'm thinking about using Campo Rico. They pick up at the port for a half day adventure from 8 - 12. It looks like a fun time. The only issue may be the timing, as you arrive at 7 am. PR does not do the time change, so if you are going Nov to March, 7 am ship time will be 8 am PR time. If you can get off the ship immediately you can probably get picked up by the tour, but if it is late you may miss it. If your going during daylight savings time ship time and PR time will be the same and easy to catch the tour.

I'm thinking about using Campo Rico. They pick up at the port for a half day adventure from 8 - 12. It looks like a fun time. The only issue may be the timing, as you arrive at 7 am. PR does not do the time change, so if you are going Nov to March, 7 am ship time will be 8 am PR time. If you can get off the ship immediately you can probably get picked up by the tour, but if it is late you may miss it. If your going during daylight savings time ship time and PR time will be the same and easy to catch the tour.

Do you have any information on this tour?

Do you have any information on this tour?

If you go to the camporicoziplining,com website, look at adventure #1. I'm with the same time frame as you, but going to try it. Hope the ship is docked before 7 ship time to be safe, but I'll try it.

Archived