Early Saver Name Change

CollegeCruizer11

I just check with my PVP. And yes the person who's credit card books can reuse the money on a cruise booked within 2 years of the cancellation date.

I just wish I new this sooner. She had forgot about the cancellation of my daughter boyfriend. She has put in a form for credit to be add to my upcoming cruise, fingers crossed. Otherwise I would have to book and take another cruise by January to get the $200 back. Not sure if I can swing the $$ to book another one that quick again!

If you plan to go solo, firefly is correct. Don't tell Carnival that he's not coming. He will just be a no-show. Since you would have to pay the same rate whether you're solo or you have 2 in the room, cancelling him would only add an unnecessary penalty expense. Once on board & the cheater hasn't shown up for the cruise, you can inform them at guest services that he won't be coming, and they'll refund his gov't taxes & fees.

But if you're really needing to cut back on costs, keep trying to find a 2nd person to go with you. But don't cancel until you know someone else is coming along. Keep in mind that the penalty for cancelling will increase at certain times as it gets closer to sailing.

ES is so tricky, and I'm not sure if any of us really knows all the rules. I was very surprised when Carnival allowed my friends to switch people around in rooms, and even completely eliminate a booking and a room that they had without any penalty. But because no person was being cancelled and nobody was downgrading to a lower category, they allowed it. According to that example, I think you can switch people around to different rooms ahead of time, if both you and the cheater find respective 2nd persons to go with each of you. Maybe Carnival broke their own rules for my friends, but they were allowed to do it.

It seems going alone makes the most financial sense. Although I was thinking of booking another cruise within to years to celebrate (hopefully) passing the bar. If I had not purchased plane tickets already I would go that route. It might actually be nice to go alone.

Thank you all for the semi-confusing, but much needed advice.

Archived