Silhouette cabin location help

Dave4120

Hello...We are going on the Silhouette for the first time in March. We are about to purchase a Balcony 1A deluxe ocean view cabin with balcony.

I see they have several of these cabins located on the hump of the ship on decks 6 through 9. Just wondering if all balconies are the same size, because some of the diagrams make some of the cabins and/or balconies look a tad bigger or smaller, and, it's been our experience on other ships that the cabin diagram is more accurate than the brochure wording that says all 1A cabins are the same size.

Also, any thoughts on what deck might be better to stay on in the 1A category, or, isn't there any difference. Ex...size, noise from above or below, etc.

Thanks for the help.

The angled balconies on the front and back side of the hump have the larger balconies with the first and third from the center straigh portion being the largest.

Here is a shot of Eclipse back half port side hump and a diagram of the hump cabins on Solstice.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248676&d=1350492862

attachment.php?attachmentid=248677&d=1350492862

DSC09486a.jpg.a6d77db2f233fb4933fc936d90079635.jpg

solstice07bal.jpg.de108db10b1fc9bc453e968628590fb4.jpg

I wonder where 1618 falls within that photo. Still hard for me to tell if our room has that larger balcony or not

Here's a thumbnail that shows the proportions in balcony sizes. While this is the port side, the starboard size is exactly the same. Also the exact same for all decks, 6 thru 12.

1618 on Reflection would be the same size as 9211 on the thumbnail. The first and third angle off the hump are the largest. The second and fourth are the next largest as you can see.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

hiya

There is a helpful sticky which i didnt notice when i first came on this site which lists most cabins on s class ships and pros and cons etc

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

There are several excel spreadsheets on there listing the cabins

hope this helps

The spreadsheet is now a Google Doc, making it easier to search and sort:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

I meant to say that we have already purchased cabin 1618. I guess this is fine. It does seem like the cabin next to 9211, or in this case 1620 on the Reflection is much bigger????

Yes, 1618 is comparable to 9211 with regard to balcony size. 1620 has the largest, but 1618 is only about a foot or so less in depth. It's an excellent cabin/location. 1618 does have the bed by the balcony.

Archived