Disney Magic(older ship) vs. Carnival Magic(brand new ship)

tammyh14

I am planning an upcoming cruise in February 2013. We are sailing for the first time with our children(ages 10 and 7). We have sailed on Princess and Carnival Cruises before without children. Now, I am wondering if the Disney cruise which is now having kids sail free Jan-March 2013 out of Galveston,TX on the older ship Disney Magic vs. cruising out of Galveston on the Carnival Magic(brand new ship with all of the bells and whistles). The cruises are about the same amount of money given the kids sail free option from Disney. Please, any thoughts are appreciated??

Honestly, I have only been on the Disney Magic, so take my advice for what it is (biased).

Our first two cruises were with Disney, and while the Magic doesn't have all the bells and whistles, we absolutely loved our time on this ship. The kids clubs were great, the service was wonderful and we have fabulous family memories from both trips.

Please research both ships here on cruise critic, and you can also go to the dis boards where there are actually threads comparing these ships (although, again, remember that the dis board is pretty biased towards, well, Disney!)

Good luck with your decision! Happy planning!

Archived