Miss Martita...

scamper

I hope you don't mind, but I "talked you up" on the HAL board today in a thread known as "Penthouse Suite on Oosterdam -- Worth It?" Actually, I mentioned that everyone on these boards were excellent for testifyling to the Seabourn product. I would have sent you this by e-mail rather than clutter up the boards (mea culpa) but I had no contact point for you through the boards. I hope we make this fellow another convert. Hope you are well.

Happy sailing,

scamper

Scamper~~~~~Mucho Gracias, mia amigo for your kind posting!

I am well....have been travelin' a 'lit and now enjoying our beautiful"Springtime

in West Texas!" All the cacti and flowers are in full bloom! We've had wonderful rains......which REinforces, "and NEVER a discouragin' word!" (Praise the Lord, "NO buffalo's roamin'!)

Good news! Three of Herman's (our dear Mr. Seabourn who passed away last Jan) good friends are flying to Phoenix in June to meet his nephew and his family.I can hardly wait! Herman's picture and eugolgy are comfortably sailing now up in the Bridge on the Pride. I have laughed and said, "well now, Herman is sailing free, and lst Class!" He was a wonderful, fun Sailor.......we were all so priviledged and fortunate in knowing and loving him. A true Seabourner! He is truly missed not only by we guests, but by all the Seabourn staff.

Would you enjoy making my "Texas Fire and Ice" Seabourn/style Pickles?

Cheffy Lambrecht's and I had a cooking duo year before last and we MADE

pickles on the Pride! Yep, "pickle makin' and drinkin' champagne," sailin' along on the Atlantic! Can it get better? I'll be happy to post my super easy, "mystery" recipe if you would like to make these! NO one really knows how these work! They are the bread and butter, crispy type! Half the ship, upon arriving home, stopped by Walmart for their gallon of Dill's before going home!

Life is short........eat desert FIRST!

Martita

mcboo~~~YOUR mind is just like a steel trap!!!!

You don't forget anything~~~~

Before Christmas, the pastry Chef on the Pride, made the "mystery holiday

fudge" and served it to the guests. Also took a tray up to the Bridge for those fellows to enjoy with their coffee.......it was a big hit! And so easy!

We'll have 'ole "scramper" just cookin' up a storm!

MB

Please! Share, share share those recipes! Additionally, it's interesting that you should mention bread and butter pickles as they have officially surpassed dills as my all time favorite cucumber pickes. I even have a new favorite sandwich: ham, American cheese, mayonnaise (homemade) and slices of bread and butter pickles. Man! Yum! Reminds me of when my late mom used to "put up pickles."

Interesting that you all like bread and butter pickles. We in Tucson are fortunate to have Trader Joes..who have wonderful ones in their frig department. They are delightful rather than crackers with cheddar cheese for appetizers for cocktail hour, better than crackers. We have converted lots of believers.

My mother made the absolute BEST B&B pickles ever! Don't laugh at this: try them on peanut butter (instead of --yuck--jelly) sandwiches; a guaranteed cure for seasickness, as well as very yummy!

O.K., Seabourn Pickle lovers......these are THE best!!! Akin to "Bread and Butter" ones.

Texas Fire 'n Ice Pickles

1 gallon whole Dill pickles (any brand--I use Wal Mart)

1 large sack sugar (4 or 5 pds)

1/2 medium size bottle of Tabasco (don't make 'em too hot)

Drain and discard juice. Keep jar

slice all the pickles in desired widths

start layering pickles, sugar and a few drops of Tabasco back into the jar.

keep on layering until all 3 ingredients are used.

(sometimes I press down gently in order to keep on layering)

Screw the lid on tightly. Keep on kitchen counter and turn the jar daily.

I'll shake the jar for the first day......to mix the ingedients.

After 6 days, WALLA.....the best pickles in the world!

Refridgerate

I transfer the pickles and some juice into smaller Mason jars, add my label and give as gifts! Wonderful small hostess or Christmas presents.

No one knows exactly why these work, but they DO! Tastes just like you

grew your cucumbers and "put 'em up!" Like your Grandmother's! Great for

sandwiches, burger's etc......

Enjoy!

Martita

Miss M (we should start calling you "The Divine Miss M." Think Bette Midler would mind?)

How spicy are these pickles? I would think the sugar would cancel out most of the "fire."

Archived