How does Camp Carnival know the child's age?

Ladda

I read that a child must be 2 in order to join Camp Carnival activities. My child will be 23 months and a few days the day we sail (I had no say on the date chosen). Do they ask to see the child's birth certificate or passport before accepting them to Camp? I'd love to have the option for my child to join in and know he would love it, but he's 1 month shy of being 2...

When your child's information was entered in to the booking for the cruise the birth date is gathered. You can always ask the Camp Director if she feels your child can be included in Camp but many of the Camp Directors strictly follow the age rules. I have seen them make exceptions for children who's birthday occurs during the cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Our son also sailed when he was 23 months and a few days. They are VERY strict about the age requirement. I knew beforehand, but I still asked when we checked out the Camp Carnival facilities and the answer was still NO. :(

They DO know that your child hasn't turned 2 yet. It's part of the information that's taken from your passports or birth certificates when you book/check-in for your cruise.

I don't think anybody would ever do this just to get their kid into Camp Carnival, but if for some reason you're tempted to lie about your son's date of birth, think twice. You could face denied boarding if the information on the birth certificate/passport doesn't match the guest.

Although your child will not be able to participate on the regular Camp Carnival activities, there's a list of (VERY) limited activities for those under 2. Here's the card that you'll receive from Camp Carnival on the first day.

In the future, consider other cruise lines that truly cater to those under 2. Royal Caribbean and Disney's kids programs begins at 6 months of age (Royal Babies and Tots was absolutely FANTASTIC. Puts Camp Carnival to shame). Other cruise lines also offer babysitting (before 10pm) for those under 2, something not available on Carnival.

DSCF9501.jpg

I know it's tough with your child being so

close, but they need to be strict... once

they start making exceptions they start

down a very slippery slope.

As someone posted there are limited

times for under 2's so you do have

some options.

Hope you have a great cruise! :)

I read that a child must be 2 in order to join Camp Carnival activities. My child will be 23 months and a few days the day we sail (I had no say on the date chosen). Do they ask to see the child's birth certificate or passport before accepting them to Camp? I'd love to have the option for my child to join in and know he would love it, but he's 1 month shy of being 2...

You really can't get away with anything, when the ship gets the info beforehand, and checks passports/birth certificates as you check in.

Archived