Carnivals Pregnancy policy

Does anyone know how strict they are with this policy? Would they let anyone that will be 27 weeks (at time of disembarkation slide) slide with a doctors note?

Pregnant women are only allowed to sail if pregnant for 24 completed weeks or less at time of cruise disembarkation. All pregnant women are required to produce a physician’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel and the pregnancy is not high-risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD).

Nothing against OP, but I would be terrified to get on a boat if my wife was expecting at any week in the pregnancy. I've had too many friends experience unexpected issues during all stages of their pregnancy. On a bot in the middle of the ocean is NOT where I would want to be if I needed a Dr. on the fly.

Sidenote: I have no kids.

Does anyone know how strict they are with this policy? Would they let anyone that will be 27 weeks (at time of disembarkation slide) slide with a doctors note?

Pregnant women are only allowed to sail if pregnant for 24 completed weeks or less at time of cruise disembarkation. All pregnant women are required to produce a physician’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel and the pregnancy is not high-risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD).

Most cruise lines don't like women more then 24 weeks on day on embarkation to cruise . You have to supply a letter from your Doctor/Midwife with the expected due date and overall health status of the baby and it's mother.

I will tell you this, a little over two years ago my daughter cruised past the 24 week Carnival policy. She was 25 weeks the day we boarded and did this with her dr filling out the required paperwork. Make a very long story short, the last couple of days before the cruise ended she developed swelling which we figured was due to the heat and walking. Two weeks later she delivered a 3lb 11oz baby boy who spent a month in NICU basically fighting for his life. Today is is 2 1/2 year old thank God. She did make it home and spent the next two weeks in a hospital on bed rest. So by all means remember a 24 week is a viable fetus that can survive with the help of some wonderful doctors in a experienced nicu but not on a ship in the middle of an ocean. Not only that but my daughter could have died had she delivered on the ship.

Archived