Where is the Spirit going?

GrannyLorr

Hopefully some of the "regulars" in here can set me straight.

For the last few days I have been ~trying~ to book a Seabourn cruise (online) from Australia. I found the cruise I wanted on Seabourns site, a 55 day cruise from Cairns Australia to Rome, leaving Cairns on March 19th 2006. I sent an email directly to Seabourn, but when I recieved no reply, I started the TA search stuff. So far I have got 3 quotes......I chose one, then contacted the TA concerned. Since then that TA hasnt replied either! Today I was searching through this TA's website, and they show the Spirits itinerary for the same dates are Fiji to Cairns...anyone have any ideas? Darned if I know what cruise I have been trying to book onto now?:confused:

I see that cruise on the Grand Voyage section of the Seabourn site, and it is quoted at 60% off. Why not contact Seabourn directly to book it, if you are having difficulty getting a TA to do so? It looks like a marvelous cruise. We're thinking of doing a portion of that cruise.

Denyse

I neglected to give you the telephone number in Florida, as the toll-free 800 number will not work from AU:

(305) 463-6000--Telephone

(305) 463-3010--FAX

Regards,

Denyse

Thanks for the phone and fax numbers Denyse. I had emailed Seabourn, but havent had any reply. It just seems rather strange that 2 TA's, one was in Florida and one in New Jersey, both have different itineraries to the Seabourn site.

What section of the cruise are you thinking of doing?

I have found that the Seabourn email is somewhat hit or miss as far as getting a response. Are there no TA's in your area who specialize in luxury cruises? You definitely have the right itinerary---Cairns to Rome, 55 days, on the Spirit! Probably best to contact Seabourn directly if you haven't somebody local to help you out.

We're looking at Auckland to Singapore, 29 days commencing March 5th. It overlaps with 2 weeks of your cruise.

Denyse

Grannylorr,

The reason two agent sites might have different itineraries is because Seabourn changed the Spirit's schedule after it was published in last year's catalog. They shortened the stay down under in OZ/NZ and started the ship out for the Med sooner. Hence the March 19 departure from Cairns to Rome (which was originallly published as departing April 16.)

The itinerary is good, the savings are 60% and the reservations contact in Australia is 1300-725-417. Australia pricing for Seabourn is in US dollars, so use a local agent if it's handier for you.

bgood

Thanks so much for that bgood, that has cleared up all my confusion! (I do get confused easily!!) I think I will give up on the "online TA's", just had a second quote from one that is $5000 more than it was on Saturday! Decided to send a fax to Seabourn and book direct, but will try that phone number you posted first.:o

I used that Australian phone number that "bgood" posted. Will be paying the deposit tomorrow....so am very excited now! I didnt get much choice in suites though, only a choice of two, and probably the worst two on the ship! (I only booked a Cat A and there arent too many of those anyway). I had a choice of 101 or 103....so took 103.

You might want to ask the TA if they can book you in an A guaranty. That means you pay the same price, but get a "run-of-the-ship" booking, and in almost all cases, an upgrade to a better location. This is particularly likely given the long duration of your cruise.

Worth at least asking....

Denyse

I have just got home from a weekend away, and saw the "hint" to ask for a "A Guarantee", so phoned Seabourns Sydney booking office and asked! The reply when I said I had been advised to ask for this by "Seabourn regulars" was "oh they are cheeky, arent they?" Anyway, result is, we now have an "A Guarantee". Thanks for the idea.....all ideas greatfully recieved!;)

Archived