Renting Snorkel Gear

TX2000

Hi,

My family of 7 are going on NCL Star at the end of December. We aren't sold on all excursions yet, but are thinking about snorkeling. My youngest is 6 (and part fish), and I have an 8 year old, 12 year old, nad my 21 year old nephew.

It seems like there are many places that rent snorkeling equipment, but I am concerned of how safe that is. How is the gear cleaned between use? Would it be possible to buy our own stuff once we get to the beach? Very expensive? I apologize if my questions seem silly, but I wonder how accessible kids snorkel gear is, and also how to be sure that rental gear is properly cleaned between use. Using someone else's snorkel is grossing me out. :confused:

Thanks!

A lot of people bring their own snorkels, for just that reason. I believe Carnival sells them for $5 each at their excursion desks.

I bring my own prescription mask, so I can actually see something. And snorkel. Sometimes I bring my fins, sometimes not.

It might be tough to get snorkeling stuff to fit a 6 year old.

Many excursion companies provide the snorkel equipment, or were you going to snorkel on your own? And I don't think they do a lot about cleaning the equipment.

A lot of people bring their own snorkels, for just that reason. I believe Carnival sells them for $5 each at their excursion desks.

I bring my own prescription mask, so I can actually see something. And snorkel. Sometimes I bring my fins, sometimes not.

It might be tough to get snorkeling stuff to fit a 6 year old.

Many excursion companies provide the snorkel equipment, or were you going to snorkel on your own? And I don't think they do a lot about cleaning the equipment.

I am planning to go with a company. I will see if NCL sells snorkels. I worry about packing too much to travel to the ship, but I can't imagine using a snorkel someone else has used.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to skip the rental, and just find somewhere to buy equipment!

thanks!!

Archived