speed boat tours

wolfpack

Hi,

We leave on Saturday. Has anyone taken the high speed, 2-hour tour around the whole island? Or there is another tour around the island, but on a different type of boat. I suppose we could do this "tour" by public ferry, but it would kill a lot of time. Any comments would help. Thanks.

The high-speed tour is the Wildcat. It is a lot of fun, especially when there are some decent waves. The Wildcat reaches speeds of up to 55mph so it goes around the outside of Bermuda in around 2 hours, with a couple of stops/slow periods so you can get out of your seat and walk around.

There is a thread somewhere around here about the Wildcat so do a quick search for it. The Wildcat had some problems with its engine and I'm not sure if it has started up yet this season.

Hi, Swizzle - I owe you an e-mail, I know. Thought you'd find this interesting about the "Wildcat". Just read it in the Gazette and thought I'd pass it on to wolfpack. Hey, this stuff happens - been there, done that-:eek:

From the Royal Gazette - 5/25/05 - By Tricia Walters

"Tourists got the ride of their lives on board the Wildcat on Monday when the vessel started taking on water as it neared St. George's and had to be taken to shallow water.

Police spokesman Dwayne Caines said Marine Police received a call at about 3.45 p.m. on Monday from Wildcat that she was taking on water.

This was confirmed by Harbour Radio who said the crew complained of water entering through the engine compartment.

Wildcat limped into the shallow waters of Castle Harbour where she remained until Marine Police arrived.

There were 12 passengers and two crew members on board at the time and no one was injured.

Mr. Caines said Marine Police helped ferry the visitors to Grotto Bay Resort and helped the crew pump excess water from the vessel before taking her to St. George's for repairs.

Co-owner Michele Lawrence said this was only Wildcat's second run for the season, but they hoped to have repairs done within the next two days.

She explained that a hose had come off the exhaust and instead of pumping water out of the boat, was pumping it into the engine compartment.

Luckily, she said, it was not the brand new engine they had just bought.

"We've had so much bad luck lately and this was just so unfortunate," she said."

Thanks for all the information. I tried to book online, but it was within 10 days of the cruise, so I was locked out. I did book the bike tour a few weeks ago, so I will try and call tomorrow to see if I can book directly with them.

Have been to Bermuda 3 times and done the WildCat 3 times, what a thrill. Pre booked the Cat for my next cruise in 12 days on RSSC's Navigator. If it's running and I am breathing, I will be on it. 12 more days till we depart, would make it 14 days till the WildCat. Can't wait. If you have the opportunity and it's running, go for it, you won't be disapointed.

Thanks for all your input. I called them tonight, because they never answered my email, they are having trouble with emails, so I booked it for next Tuesday afternoon. I am really excited about it. I assume I can walk to their place from the ship. If not, let me know.

Archived