Conquest's Ships time for shore excursions

MusicMan

I've cruised Carnival before, and I seem to remember that on previous cruises the ships time remained constant throughout (in those instances EDT since they were out of Florida). We're cruising the Conquest out of New Orleans in June (CDT) and have booked an independant excursion in Cozumel. We're scheduled to arrive at 0930 and depart at 1800 according to the Carnival site. I'm presuming that is CDT (vs CST since Cozumel doesn't do Daylight Savings Time). This would put us arriving at 0830 local time and departing at 1700 local time (by my calculations). Can anyone who's done this cruise confirm (or refute) my time estimates.

Hmmmm, what gives..... heres the excerpt from a Cozumel diving site.....

# Location: Cozumel lies in the Caribbean Sea, in the state of Quintana Roo, 12 miles/19 km off the northeast coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. It is located about 560 miles/902 km southwest of Miami, 640 miles/1,031 km east of Mexico City.

# Population: About 50,000 residents.

# Language: Spanish, some Mayan, English widely spoken.

# Climate: Subtropical, averaging 80�F/25�C year-round. Sunny days prevail October through April. The rainy season is May through September.

# Water Temperature: Low of 77�F/15�C in winter to a high of 85�F/29�C in summer.

# Time Zone: Central time zone. NO DAYLIGHT-SAVINGS TIME.

If they don't do DST then they'll be an hour off of our time in June.

Well confilict solved. Information from a U.S. expat who lives in Cozumel says they do, in fact, observe Daylight savings time, so ships time and Coz time should agree. Whew! Glad to get THAT straight !

Archived