ECO TOUR Start Time v. Ship Time

Isakep15

For those of you that have booked Eli's Eco Tour (Adventure Antigua), did you have any issues with the start time v. ship time? According to my research, the Freedom stays on EST, and Antigua is on Atlantic time. We'll be there in December, after we "fall back" for daylight savings. Unfortunately, I just received an e-mail notifying me that the start time for the Eco Tour was moved up to 8:50. We are in port at 8. If the ship stays on EST, we are actually arriving at 9 am Antigua time. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks!

For those of you that have booked Eli's Eco Tour (Adventure Antigua), did you have any issues with the start time v. ship time? According to my research, the Freedom stays on EST, and Antigua is on Atlantic time. We'll be there in December, after we "fall back" for daylight savings. Unfortunately, I just received an e-mail notifying me that the start time for the Eco Tour was moved up to 8:50. We are in port at 8. If the ship stays on EST, we are actually arriving at 9 am Antigua time. Has anyone had this issue? Thanks!

Our itineraries including Antigua have always been out of San Juan, so we've never had a time issue. I'd e-mail Nell, at Adventure Antigua, and verify with her. Docking at 8:00 EST, 9:00 am island time, means you won't be off the ship until close to 9:30, island time, in reality - the local authorities need to clear the ship before passengers are allowed to disembark. It will be a shame if you can't take the tour - it really is wonderful.

According to the Antiguan port schedule, we are docking at 8 am Antiguan time. I know others have wondered if the times on the Carnival itinerary are local time, or ship time, and in this case they are local time. I'm sure that this is also the case for other ports.

I'd also like to add that Nell from Adventure Antigua was very, very, helpful. She responded within the day, and checked with the port. The information from Carnival, on the other hand, is confusing, to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

This is of interest to me also. We've booked the Eco-tour for Jan 2, will be coming on the Freedom as well. Emailed Carnival last night and the response was that the itinerary is Eastern time, which means we'd miss the tour if indeed that's true (we are supposed to be at the boat by 8:50 local time). Doesn't look like the port schedule is available on the web yet for January. I've emailed Nell to get clarification from their end in Antigua.

Yes, please let me know if you hear anything. Nell and I checked the port schedule for Antigua and it's still showing 8 am Antiguan time; however, the Carnival website is showing 8 am EST. I thought the port would be more accurate, or maybe they meant local time but now I'm concerned that we'll miss the tour.

I have taken Eli's Eco Tour, several times, arriving by various cruise ships.

Since his tour is such an extensive one, I initially was concerned about accomodating

the cruise ship's time table in port.

Eli Fuller always assured me that, he is very cognizant of the ship's schedule.

On the tours I have taken with him, we were always transported back to a dock,

that was a mere 5 minute walk to the ship. Drop off point was practically next to the ship!

If you haven't taken this tour before--you are in for a wonderful experience!

Archived