Thomson advice

I was wondering if anybody can help. Apolgies if this question has already been asked....

Our first cruise was on Ocean Village and we loved it. When these ships went, we tried Princess and have also tried P&O. We have nothing against these ships, but are now tired of formal nights. I would like to know how Thomson would be compared to the old Ocean Village cruise ships.

Any info would be great. Thinking of booking the Majesty for Eastern Med next year.

Thanks in advance

Formal night dress code on Thomsons only applies to the main dining room and possibly the captains reception. There is one formal night a week. The rest of the time the evening dress code is smart casual, which is open to lots of interpretations!

Thomson ships are older and smaller than Ocean Village but have a friendly, cosy atmosphere.

The buffet restaurants are dressed with tablecloths, place settings, cutlery etc on formal night and the crew wear their best uniforms. It is still informal though.

If you decide to try Thomson i recommend you reserve a specific cabin as, in all old ships, there are areas with more noise than some would like. Ask here for advice on the best cabins.

Archived