How long is the tender trip

loriepta

Yes, the reefs are shallow, and the ship has to anchor quite a distance off. It's not just the length of time on the tender (I think 30 min is a good guess). It takes a while to line up and wait to get onto the tender, and then it fills very slowly.

Unless you have a need to get off as soon as possible, I would let others wait in line to tender, have a leisurely breakfast, and then get into a shorter (hopefully) line.

30 minutes is probably about right when you take into account the getting in and getting off times, unless there is a long line.

I understand that people have different ideas of what they expect from a port, but I am another one who loves Belize. It would be a shame to come that close to a country and not get off to experience some of the beauty that Belize has to offer.

While I have enjoyed just roaming outside in the city, talking to locals, and trying out a Belikin beer at a local bar you might want to schedule a tour or excursion on your first trip. There is so much to chose from, I can't imagine someone not finding an activity or tour that they would enjoy.

Mayan ruins, a city tour, a Belikin brewery tour, cave tubing, zip lining, Baboon Sanctuary, and many places to snorkel are just what I can think of off-hand. Spend a little time reading reviews on this forum along with doing an Internet search and I'm sure you'll find more than one thing that you'd like to do while experiencing a country and culture different from our own.

Next Tuesday the wife and I are going on a Mayan ruins tour of Altun Ha that we signed up for at the Wet Lizard website.

Good Luck!

John

We have done the cave tubing a couple of times and loved it. We have been to the Zoo a couple of times and loved it. One trip we just wandered around town and loved it. We have always felt perfectly safe. The poeple are so friendly. The people in the small flea market across the street from the gated area always thank you for buying from the locals.

Archived