Palm Beach

kmbwdf

We have been on 2 cruises and loved Cozumel so much, we decided to take a trip just to Cozumel for a few days. We spent a lot of time at Palm Beach, a new beach that just opened in January 2005. It is located right next to Paradise Beach and about a ten minute taxi ride from the main pier. I would highly recommend you try it out. Foremost, it is a free beach that has many of the amenities you will have to pay for at other beaches. They also have 2 for 1 margaritas and are absolutely the best margaritas we had anywhere on the island. The service there is also spectacular. We tried many different beach clubs and restaurants and were disappointed with every other place we tried after the great service at Palm Beach. There is a water sports rental and massage set-up right there so if you are looking for something more than sun time, food, and beverages, Palm Beach is also a really great option. I would highly recommend Palm Beach to any Cruise travelers.

The prices were very reasonable. I believe the margaritas were $6 for the 2. Buckets of beer were cheaper here than any other place we tried. The food prices were a little less than other beach clubs and you got a little more for your money - $4 for chips and salsa; around $8 for most other apps (coconut shrimp was outstanding); sandwiches around $8; pizza about $10. Have fun on your trip!

Answer to 2 questions:

- Because they are so new, there is not a website specifically devoted to Palm Beach as of yet. The owners did say they were working on one, so don't give up looking.

- As for sushi. I believe they were still on the menu. Not being a sushi fan myself, I skipped right over that portion of the menu.

We enjoyed Palm beach this month while on the Rhapsody. It was very quiet (we were the only ones there until noon). Even so the service was great and the margaritas were great as well. Can't beat 2 for 1 and after three each, the wife and I stumbled back to the ship. We enjoyed some nachos and chips and salsa too. One word of caution, because they are new, they only take cash, no credit cards.

I would add my stamp of approval for this beach. We have enjoyed Paradise Beach as well and enjoy it very much too. Since they are so close to each other, you actually can enjoy them both as they are both free. The food at both is great you can have appetizers at one and walk to get lunch at the other.

We were at Palm Beach last week on our cruise and had a great time. There were only about 10 people on the beach all afternoon. Just to let you know, they also take traveller's checks.

-Lucki701

Thanks for answering my question ahead of time...I was going to ask if you could walk from Palm Beach to Paradise Beach, and could the kids play on the water trampoline and iceburg free at Paradise? I heard somebody say you could get an all-inclusive day pass at Paradise for around $35 which included a buffet & drinks? Is that right?

No day pass for $35.00 at Paradise Beach. The only pass you can buy there is the great deal of $5.00 for a wristband which allows you to use all the non motorized water toys. Well worth it if you are going to use that type of equipment.

Can you walk to Palm Beach and SF Beach and use their facilities for free, or do you have to have a wristband to hang out there? I can't decide which place to stay at...the kids would love the water trampoline and iceburg at Paradise, but Palm sounds so good! No lunch buffet at any of these places? Was the food very expensive? The 2 for 1 Margaritas sound good, but can you get them if you don't pay for the wristband, if you just wonder up there from the beach? Also, are there any snorkel/sailing excursions that leave from any of these beaches? I want to do it all!

Nursejewels -

You can walk to Palm Beach from Paradise Beach. In fact, that's exactly what we did - a beach crawl, if you will. You don't need a wristband for Palm Beach. You only need a wristband to use the water equipment at Paradise. Strategically placed between the two beaches is the snorkel, jet ski, etc. rentals. You can even line up a private catamaran trip that will take you to a couple of different places to snorkel. Best part - drinks are included! The adults could even hang out at Palm Beach (not as many kids running around) and watch the kids while they play at Paradise (depending on how old your kids are). No lunch buffet at Palm. It sounds like there's not one at Paradise either. If you want to do it all, Palm/Paradise is really the way to go.

Food at both Palm Beach and Paradise Beach are reasonably priced and "VERY GOOD". We have enjoyed both and I must say it might have been the margaritas kicking in at both places, but the food was great. I also remember we were on a cruise and by the time we got to Cozumel, I needed my "fix" of good mexican food.

Wow...drinks are included at Palm or Paradise? Do you mean they are included in the snorkeling secursion, or the beach day price? I'm so glad you responded...this is why I love the message boards...I always get the info I need in a short amount of time! I was hoping to find just this kind of place, where we could do it all in a day! Did anybody take a snorkeling trip from the beach areas here? I really do want to get to experience the underwater beauty of Cozumel while we are there, but the beaches where you can get god snorkeling just don't sound like great beaches, and we don't want to have to travel all over by taxi with 10 people. Maybe a thread to Paradise Tom is in order! Thanks to everybody for the info!

Drinks are included in the price of the cataraman. We didn't do it, but it sounded like a pretty good deal. Expect to pay anywhere from $30-$45 per person for 2-3 hours.

Archived