Wine Package 20% Discount

debt

We are sailing on the Dawn on November 18 and I was advised in writing from the concierge desk that "at this time it is undetermined if the ship will offer any wine packages. This is to be confirmed onboard." Is this typical?

FT

Yes it is. It is my understanding that the hotel directors on each ship determine what packages may or may not be offered and what their contents will be. What is offered on one ship on one sailing may not be offered at all on the next one.

Try this link :)

http://www.ncl.com/csimages/907/558/NCLWinelist09.pdf

Hope it's what you're looking for.......and hope I've added it correctly......I'm hopeless at stuff like this!! :o

WOW!!! Do people really pay these prices? Not one bottle of Red under $30 even on a package?

I've been on Holland America and RCCL this past year and there was at least several bottles to choose from in the mid to upper $20s.

I'm new to NCL and taking my first cruise on them in January so this is a bit of sticker shock to me

WOW!!! Do people really pay these prices? Not one bottle of Red under $30 even on a package?

I've been on Holland America and RCCL this past year and there was at least several bottles to choose from in the mid to upper $20s.

I'm new to NCL and taking my first cruise on them in January so this is a bit of sticker shock to me

Yes, people pay these prices. They are not out of line compared to restaurants. A $35 bottle is $7 per glass.

My recommendation is buy some nice $20 bottles and bring them. Pay $15 corkage and you will have much better wine for your $35.

EDIT: One exception, they list Estancia Meritage at $42. That is a great buy. Good wine that will cost you $25-30 in a store.

Thanks to you and your blue dot! Think i'll switch to plan B and buy a few bottles in Copenhagen before I board. :rolleyes:

Try this link :)

http://www.ncl.com/csimages/907/558/NCLWinelist09.pdf

Hope it's what you're looking for.......and hope I've added it correctly......I'm hopeless at stuff like this!! :o

Thanks to you and your blue dot! Think i'll switch to plan B and buy a few bottles in Copenhagen before I board. :rolleyes:

I can completely understand why you would do that!!! We embarked in Barcelona, where there was a duty-free shop AFTER we'd been checked......so could have bought a couple of bottles and put them in our carry-on bags! But I'm a bit of a coward and thought we'd get caught! Didn't fancy the * naughty room*.....;)

I have to say though, I got 3 very nice white wines and my DH got 3 great reds on the wine package for $167......just under $28 a bottle......didn't think that TOO bad!! I WAS on my hols!! :D

We sailed on the Star last month and bought a package of 4 bottles (did not have to be all the same) for $88 +15%. The list of available wines was not extensive, but had a good variety of reds and whites. We chose a couple of merlots and a couple of shiraz varieties, but I couldn't now tell you their names. They tasted just fine!

We are big wine drinkers, at least a bottle a night.

We thought the packages offered were very good and not overpriced. Especially with getting the 20% off.

We bought enough for our 9 night trip and also bought occasional cocktails. We believe we got a fairly good deal, the wines costing about what they would in a restaurant.

One of the the things we were told was the HD makes the decision. Two years ago the list had wines from $23 on up to about $140. Last year the list started at about $70 and went to over $200. HD did not want "cheap" wines in the package. Depends from trip to trip and HD to HD I think.

Archived