Need help for Miami hotel

recia

I could be more of a help knowing when you are staying, and if you have any preferences on location. I have had great experiences using www.hotwire.com

If you are looking for a cheap, nice stay, Hotwire usually has the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport for about $37 a night. It's listed as a 2.5 star hotel in the MIA area, with pool, restaurant, airport shuttle, and coin laundry. However, outside of a few restaurants, there is not too much to do in that area. This hotel is nice, but obviously not the Ritz Carlton.

If you are looking for something more populated, there is a 3 star hotel in the South Beach area that runs about $48 a night. I am not sure which hotel this is.

You could also try priceline.com.

I always stay at the Hyatt. About $20 from airport, You can walk to bayside or take a $5 cab ride. Same fare to the port. You can see the port from the upper floors. I just booked there for a January cruise. RCI has a desk in the lobby and uses this hotel. You can also buy transportation from them from here.

My daughter is getting married in late July and I have bought her and future husband an RCL cruise out of Miami on August 7 for their honeymoon. They will be getting into Miami on the 6th at around 8:00 pm. My thought is to get them a hotel near the airport for that night and then have them get transport to the cruiseport. If they do this the Holiday Inn price on Hotwire sounds great.

Anyone have anything to say about this place or the Doral Inn and Suites. I am hoping to find someplace that will have a free shuttle to the hotel.

Then how much will it cost them the next morning to get to the cruiseport? And what's the best way to get there? Taxi? Shuttle? etc?

Any help for a dad who worries too much would be appreciated.

Jim in Redmond, WA

After help from a fellow Cruiser we are staying here post Cruise,but they do have a Cruise special also:

Miami Cruise Package

shim.gifshim.gifshim.gifPackage includes a daily cooked-to-order breakfast, nightly Manager's reception, round trip airport transfers, and one-way transfers to or from the Port of Miami.

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIASPES

HTH

The Holiday Inn MIA does have a free shuttle for guests to the cruise port, and also has a free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. Although this is not the most upscale of hotels, they are only staying here for roughly 13 hours (the shuttle to the port usually leaves around 9am). There is a bar/restaurant right in the hotel, and a Burger King and a Pollo Tropical is nearby for food. The hotel pool is quite nice. Make sure they sign up for the port shuttle when they check into the hotel.

Hope this helps Jim...

Jim - Are you talking about the Holiday Inn Downtown, Port of Miami, or the Holiday Inn closer to the airport. We are looking at staying in the Port of Miami Holiday Inn.

He's referring to the airport Holiday Inn.

The Holiday Inn MIA does have a free shuttle for guests to the cruise port, and also has a free 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport. Although this is not the most upscale of hotels, they are only staying here for roughly 13 hours (the shuttle to the port usually leaves around 9am). There is a bar/restaurant right in the hotel, and a Burger King and a Pollo Tropical is nearby for food. The hotel pool is quite nice. Make sure they sign up for the port shuttle when they check into the hotel.

Hope this helps Jim...

Thanks so much grvdggr71! You are the best.

Jim

Archived