Switching rooms & Sign & Sail

iluvtravel

We are traveling with a small family reunion. We have two teenage girls, who will be rooming with their cousin. I and one of the girls, however, are switched on the actual booking, so there would be an adult (on paper, but not in reality) in every room. Here's my question-how will this work with the Sign & Sail card? I will have a card with my name, but that is a key to my kid's room. Can I ask for an extra key for the room that I will actually be staying in? Then I will have a key to get into my room with my daughter's name on it, as well as a key with my name on it that I can use to charge things on my account. Will I need to carry both cards with me at all times?? Do the sign & sail cards even have names on them?? Also-our two girls will be rooming with their cousin. Is it possible to get an itemized statement for each individual in the room? We had set a pre-planned spending limit, and trust our girls to stay within that limit, but it just makes it more complicated if they have to try to figure out who spent what each day. What is the easiest way to arrange this? Any tips? Thanks ahead of time.

We are traveling with a small family reunion. We have two teenage girls, who will be rooming with their cousin. I and one of the girls, however, are switched on the actual booking, so there would be an adult (on paper, but not in reality) in every room. Here's my question-how will this work with the Sign & Sail card? I will have a card with my name, but that is a key to my kid's room. Can I ask for an extra key for the room that I will actually be staying in? Then I will have a key to get into my room with my daughter's name on it, as well as a key with my name on it that I can use to charge things on my account. Will I need to carry both cards with me at all times?? Do the sign & sail cards even have names on them?? Also-our two girls will be rooming with their cousin. Is it possible to get an itemized statement for each individual in the room? We had set a pre-planned spending limit, and trust our girls to stay within that limit, but it just makes it more complicated if they have to try to figure out who spent what each day. What is the easiest way to arrange this? Any tips? Thanks ahead of time.

You can definitely get plain room key cards. You will still keep your own card and your daughter her own, and just use the generic room keys to get in and out of your room. The sail & sign cards have your name on them, and when scanned a picture will show up on the screen, so you must carry your own, and let your daughter carry her own.

Everyone in a cabin has their own folio for expenses even if they are all activated by one credit card. Since the cousin will probably be linked to someone else's card (i.e. her parents), you won't have to worry about her expenses getting mixed in with your daughters (unless they purchase something for her with their own card). You can also set limits for their cards at the purser's desk.

We had kind of the same situation earlier this month. Here's what we did. At the first counter we came to when boarding, I told the guy that we had the wrong people in the wrong rooms. So he just switched everyone around and gave us our Sail & Sign cards. Next, we went to the purser's desk and had the correct credit card attached to the proper Sail & Sign. All done......no problems at all!

Wheeew.. We will be going thru the same situation in 9 more days. So reading what KenMo wrote and it worked makes me feel confident that ours will too since that was what I was going to do. We had Military Discounts and for some reason they had to put one Military person in each cabin. Why I don't Know since the Military discounts say you can book more than one. Thanks again for the Post and Answers!! I feel better already and now Dad can be at ease.

We will also have this situation in August. It's good to know we can switch it when we board. Will they give room keys on all the ships? My daughters would like a key to our room, since we have a balcony, in case they want to use it while we are elsewhere.

Archived