Funship dollars

camper49

Is anyone else having problems buying them??? I have been trying all week to buy some and apply as OBC (as i have done in the past). The site won't let me put my state in !!! uggg. So i called and had someone do it for me. However, i asked for an email confirming my purchase and have got nothing. But my CC was charged within 5 minutes !!!

It's been like that for at least 2-3 weeks now. I finally called in my order as well. They sent a receipt but is was in my junk mail and it said something about a fax. So keep an eye out for that, mine did not say Carnival anywhere until I opened it up.

Did you have them applied as OBC & if so, how long before they showed up on your docs???

I called yesterday to add to my OBC as the online form doesn't work. I received an email from the person who helped me within five minutes. It was from her carnival email account, but came across with her name and not carnival. The subject did say FUN SHIP $ INVOICE though. It came as an Excel spreadsheet with the order number. It has not been added to my OBC as of yet, but reading the other posts here, it could take up to a week.

I added some on my cruise on October 6th. It still has not shown up. I did call and supposedly the reps can "see" it, but it is not showing for me. I was told that they were behind and were working on October and November cruises.

My brother added money to his and it showed up right away. So as they say YMMV.

Thought i would try sending an email to Carnival about the "entering the state" problem.

I actually got a reply withing 24 hrs.!! They "are working on it". And would be glad to take my FSD order over the phone. And they are "sorry".

Thought i would try sending an email to Carnival about the "entering the state" problem.

I actually got a reply withing 24 hrs.!! They "are working on it". And would be glad to take my FSD order over the phone. And they are "sorry".

That's pretty much the response I received about a month ago when I e-mailed them. I have a friend who's a programmer and he says a drop down list for your state is a simple thing to do. I can't understand why they wouldn't fix something like this immediately since it is a revenue source for Carnival. This baffles me as a cruiser and a shareholder.

I was having the same problem near the end of Sept, from what others have said, Carnival is aware of this issue with the state input on the website. Doesn't look like they are going to fix it.

I ended up calling and spending a loooong time on the phone. I was not thrilled with the service I got, wasn't sure I was even speaking to Carnival, the lady may have been new? I was unsure that it really even went through because weeks went by. Last week (a month later) my OBC showed up in the my billing section of my account. Now if only it gets credited to my account and not my roommates I will be happy. I am unsure if I should buy more or not since I don't want to get onboard and find out they screwed it all up!

• 3 weeks later...

I called and talked to someone in the website repair office of Carnival and got passed around 3 or 4 times about the drop down state issue and was told they will not be fixing it as they have a new program being coming out Dec 1st and will be able to do the online thing after that with the new program

I typically call them to purchase & have them immediately applied as OBC. It's pretty easy, and takes hardly any time. You do have to call the special number though:

"Our knowledgeable Fun Ship Dollar representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our Special Programs and Promotions department by telephone; toll free, at 1-800-906-7603 during the following hours:

Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 8:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing."

Is anyone else having problems buying them??? I have been trying all week to buy some and apply as OBC (as i have done in the past). The site won't let me put my state in !!! uggg. So i called and had someone do it for me. However, i asked for an email confirming my purchase and have got nothing. But my CC was charged within 5 minutes !!!

It has been broken like that for at least 6 weeks! I finally gave up and called, purchasing the FSD over the phone -- they were applied to my account within 2 days.

I reported the website, and the Carnival person said she would relay the information, but obviously the fix is low priority!

I think Carnival's website is terrible, anyway -- I always have trouble with it!:confused:

Archived