paid in full question

rkmom

We had some confusion over final payment, and I think it has now been straightened out, but hoping someone can give me reassurance. If the Carnival site has a room assigned for us, are we all set?

Here are the background info details:

We booked a cruise (for July 3--miracle) with Cruise Vacation Outlet, and paid the final payment when due in april. We had an invoice e-mailed to us from the TA listing it as paid. When I tried the book modify page a while back it only listed my deposit, but I didn't think much of it.

Then my husband got the credit card bill which should have had the paymt on it. It didn't. The trip insurance from the same date was listed, so we wondered what happened. Carnival told me they couldn't tell me if it been paid--I would have to talk to the TA. When I called them, they told me the invoice did not show a final payment, but the guy took my info and said it would be paid then. So we were worrying about being charged twice and whether Carnival would have held the reservation if payment was not made on time.

We called later to talk to the original agent and he said the acctg dept had not paid it in April, but had sent it in on May 16, and all was fine. I called the credit card co and it did show a paymt on May 16 to "cruise lines". Then today I finally was able to access the book modify page again and it lists a room number. At the bottom it shows the cruise rate and total and such, but it doesn't say whether that is paid or just what the charges were. I do remember before though that somehow I saw only a deposit paid, so this is different than that.

So, are we really paid in full? Does it sound like everything is in order now? I am just worried something will happen to disappoint us and am wanting some reassurance.

Thanks for everyone's advice and information!

Kim

I would say that you are ok since you are showing this on your CC account. The cruise lines will not usually cancel a booking without first contacting the TA to follow up first. If you want peace of mind then call your TA and have him/her do a three way call to Carnival to insure that all is fine.

I would call your TA and ask them to fax or e-mail you a paid in full receipt so that you will have it in writing. It sounds like you are okay but I would get something in writing to be sure. We book with an online TA and I always get a hard copy of everything just to be safe.

Request a conference call with your TA and Carnival. I had a similar thing happen to me. Apparently someone in our group transposed numbers on their credit card and Carnival held up the entire booking.

We were able to straighten it out on the phone.

Archived