Venice disembarkation?

Estealvarado

I am getting conflicting information regarding disembarking Venice so am still in quandry even though cruise is not until next year. Our ship NCL Spirit (Barcelona to Venice) overnights in Venice at the end of the cruise with final disembarkation to begin at 9am the 2nd day, Oct 14, 2013. I am looking at flights and am wondering how early we can disembark to catch a flight back to Texas. Since we are overnighting, can we walk off with our own luggage as early as 4:30am to catch a 7:40am flight? Or do we have to wait for official disembarkation at 9am, which would more than likely require us to stay another night in Venice.

One rep said ok to disembark early; another said have to wait for official disembarkation because of customs.

Has anyone done this for NCL Venice?

Thanks,

Carley

Hi cavcmy,

As far as I know, when your ship docks in Venice, it clears customs before anyone gets off.

This happens in every port, not just the last one.

If you are overnighting I am assuming you are free to get off and visit Venice on your last day before you spend your last night on board.

I would assume then that you can get off early, but I have no experience of NCL,

I know I have read here of people getting off very early to catch flights.

So maybe try your roll call or NCL website and see if they can help.

Hi again,

Another option for your daughter, if she can manage her luggage easily is to take the airport bus down to P Roma (7 Euros one way), and then cross the square to the People Mover which costs 1 Euro . That leaves her at the dock with a short walk to whatever pier the ship is docked at.

Anne

Our hotel is right off of P. Roma and we had thought about just meeting her there. But the flight I'm leaning to for her gets in at 12:20pm and for time sake I rather meet her at the pier and arrange a private transport for her to make it quicker and easier for her. If she ends up flying in the evening before we'll just have her meet at P. Roma.

Her semester in Barcelona with AIFS ends the day before our cruise and I think her group is having a going away party that night. Flying in the morning of with a direct flight may be the best option.

I'll contact click transfers by email to check on the airports.

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting conflicting information regarding disembarking Venice so am still in quandry even though cruise is not until next year. Our ship NCL Spirit (Barcelona to Venice) overnights in Venice at the end of the cruise with final disembarkation to begin at 9am the 2nd day, Oct 14, 2013. I am looking at flights and am wondering how early we can disembark to catch a flight back to Texas. Since we are overnighting, can we walk off with our own luggage as early as 4:30am to catch a 7:40am flight? Or do we have to wait for official disembarkation at 9am, which would more than likely require us to stay another night in Venice.

One rep said ok to disembark early; another said have to wait for official disembarkation because of customs.

Has anyone done this for NCL Venice?

Thanks,

Carley

I am wondering the same thing. We are taking the Spirit in late June/early July next year. We have a 10:20 a.m. flight on the day we disembark (scheduled for 9 a.m.) -- however the Spirit docks the day before at 2 p.m. Hoping we can leave a bit early to make it! I figure if they'll let us leave by 7 we should be good to go. (Assuming they let us leave!)

Archived